Chapter Three

*Kyle*

She grabs my left arm and hides her face. We both begin to walk towards the pool. I show her the spot I want her in. It's a laid-back white lawn chair. I smile at her, hand her my glasses, and go to change into my swimwear. I look back to see her staring sweetly at the glasses she holds in her hands. She smiles so softly.

*Kaela*
I kissed him. I kissed him back. Why would I do that? Am I still in love with him? I can't be. After everything he did to me, I cannot be in love with him. I cannot do that to myself!

I sit here waiting to see Kyle but one of his swim friends comes up to me. "Hey. You're the one that accidentally bumped into Kyle earlier, right?" I nod. "My Name's Daniel, what's yours?" Daniel has black shaggy hair, bright blue eyes, freckles across his face and he is 6'0 so still taller than me but a couple inches shorter than Kyle. Did I mention he is built?

"My Name's Kaela." I smile at him. He's cute. Like really cute. If he's this cute, why is he talking to me? I wouldn't mind getting to know him.

He sits down next to me. "You know. You're really cute. We should hang ou-"

Before he could say anything else, Kyle walks up to us. All he says is, "No." I look at Kyle confused and shocked. He stands in his place with his arms crossing his chest sternly. He is looking down at me.

"K-Kyle?" I ask. I would've said yes if I could. Kyle and I aren't together. I look up at Kyle. I try to grip his arm. I want him to sit next to me.

"I meant it back there and I will get you." He states without emotion and walks away.

Daniel and I look at each other confused. Daniel smiles at me and takes a black, sharpie marker from his large, black swimming bag. I know they keep them in there because they write their interval and stuff on their arm. He takes my small, right arm and writes his number on my wrist. "Text me please." He says gently and gets up to swim. I take my phone from my pocket and put in the number that is on my arm. I can't stop thinking about him. He's just so calm and gentle.
...

Two hours later of watching people immensely swim, Kyle comes over to me. Before I can do anything, he picks me up and walks out of the gym. He is very stern and being very dominant. It's like he's being protective over me, but can I believe it?

"Kyle! You're wet! And you haven't even changed!" As I say this, I realize not only was I relaxing as he holds onto me, but he has no shirt on. "What are you doing?" I speak calmly letting myself relax into his touch.

He puts me down and speaks, "I want you to be mine. Nobody else's." I take the hoodie off me and made him bend down so I put it over his head. It still fit him well. On me it was huge, but I liked it that way.

"How can I trust you?" I ask calmly fixing his hair, so it doesn't look too messy.

"Did you know as you speak those words you kissed me back, relaxed when I picked you up, didn't argue when I said no earlier, you didn't leave during practice, and you're holding my hand right now." My eyes widen for a second, but then soon calm down.

I look down, just now realizing the warmth of his hand. 'Dammit' "Fine. But if I find out this-" 'is fake, I'm done.' I can't even finish my sentence.

"It's not." I nod slightly. "Are you hungry? I'm starving." I giggle because swimmers are always hungry.

"We are not going anywhere until you go back to the gym and change" I cross my arms against my chest. I pause before responding to his question. "But a little bit." I nod.

He laughs and turns around to head back into the gym. "You're so cute." I can feel my face burn as he speaks those words. I watch my feet as I walk next to him hand in hand.