Chapter 28

**BONNIE'S POV**

"I don't think we can do this any more," I said after a long silence between us.

"Do what?"

"This, just being here and always having to hide."

"What else are we meant to do?"

"I know we've had a trillion arguments about this, but-"

"No."

"What? You've not even listened to what I've had to say!"

"I know you want us to go back... Am I right?"

"Yes, you are and we should!"

"What about going home is a good idea? Eveyrone will know who we are, we'll probably kill people we don't mean to kill and in the end we'll both be dead, how is that, a good idea?"

"Because people here will find out, my grandmother will be in danger being near Jeff and we need to get her out of this mess, it's not just about us!"

"Your grandmother seemed find living with him."

"Did you have conversations with her? No, you didn't, she told me to help her, she was crying a shaking because she was so terrified of him! When I told them I was leaving, she looked scared to death! And you just want me to leave her?!"

"We can't go back, we just can't, and I can't face my parents."

"Oh, is that what it's about? You? And how you can't face your parents? Maybe you should just tell them you're sorry and start from there, what's the worst that can happen?"

"They'll kick me out!"

"And they'll take you back eventually, see, your situation is nothing compared to my grandmothers, we're not leaving her with him."

"Well you can save her, and you can go home, but I'm staying."

"Stay then," and that was the last thing I said to her.

I left the hut once again - without Tam and the case which I'd come for initially - and headed back to my my grandmothers.

*

The taxi ride back to the hut was long and I had butterflies in my stomach. I was excited to beat his ass, scared at what he'd do and how he'd react and worried about how I'd sneak my grandmother out without him noticing.

I'd need Kellan's help.

The taxi pulled up at the gates and the opened just as Jeff opened the door and stood there, hands clasped in front of him.

I took a look behind me as the taxi left the house and the sun rose up above the mountains in the distance. Just in case I never saw a sun rise again because he killed me.

Not unlikely.

I approached Jeff, his eyes following the whole way, his expression not changing a bit.

"Hi," I looked up at him, attempting puppy dog eyes, and probably failing.

He remained silent and I walked inside. He closed the door behind me and I heard the tap of his slippers as he came passed me and back into the living room.

My grandmother wasn't there like she usually was.

God help me, if I get into a situation where she's going to murder me, then help me, and help me fast.

I took a seat on the sofa and watched as he took a seat opposite me, he left out a heavy sigh.

Unexpected.