Chapter 13

[A/N: I never even said, but Sam is is short for Samantha, so, yeah, x]

------------------------------

"What do you mean you know what happened to them?" I said, stepping closer to her, "were you part of this? Was this your fault?"

"No, I mean, I know what happened!"

"Well tell me then," I said.

But the way she said it told me it wasn't good news.

"You probably won't believe me, it sounds stupid and fictional, but I'm pretty sure this is what happened," she took a deep breath and I sat down on the bed, preparing myself for what she was about to tell me.

"So, I was downstairs, trying to get people out of the house, when I saw someone stood by the front door, they had blood all over their shirt and he had like, a chunk out of his cheek, his eyes were red, like he was evil. He was like, steadying him self against the wall, it was weird."

"So, you're saying he was like a zombie or something?"

"Well, not exactly, but, the people downstairs are in danger, he pounced on one of the guys down there and bit him on the arm, the guy on the floor was screaming and everyone ran out into the back yard. I'm scared Bonnie, what if he does it to eveyrone?"

"Tam, that sounds stupid, I'm sure it's nothing."

"Look out of the window."

I stood up, scrambling to the window, looking at the mess in the garden. It looked like people fighting, but there were just so many people stood around eachother, taking chunks out of eachother, blood dripping down their faces. Their clothes ripped open. They looked like animals. She was right, she wasn't making this up.

"S-so what did you mean about this," I swallowed, "about this, um, being linked to my friends?" I stuttered.

"They're the same."

"What?"

It all made sense, it all fit together perfectly. Sam disappearing and leaving blood behind. She'd been turned into one of these monsters and escaped out of the window because she couldn't be around humans. The same with Chloe and Charlie, being viscous. it made sense, she wasn't being herself because she wasn't herself anymore. She wasn't her many more, she wasn't even human any more. I didn't know what she was, but it was almost like these people were something out of Twilight, just they didn't just have their blood sucked out and venom put in, they had chunks of them bitten out by these evil creatures.

Then my thoughts turned to something else.

Mich.

"Shit! Oh my God, Tam, you have to help me find Mich! She's down there!"

"No, no, you can't go down there, you'll turn into one of them!"

"I don't care, I'll risk it if it means saving my friend! I need to find her Tam, please."

"No, I can't let you do that."

"Please! You don't have to worry about me, just stay up here, but please let me go," I practically begged her.

"Look, Bonnie, you probably think I don't give a shit about you after the way I treated you when we were friends. But I can't let you go down there, because I do give a shit. In fact, I always thought you were so lovely, you were funny, out going, crazy, pretty and I couldn't handle the fact that you were better than me, so I tried to make you jealous, but I just ended up pushing you away. I was just a cow, I didn't think about you and what I did to you, how you felt. I only thought about myself. It was only when you found new friends that I realised how I'd treated you, but I ignored it all. I carried on being a bitch, a slut, when I was down there earlier tonight, I realised how many people were here, and I looked at them all, thinking about how many of those people were actually my friends, and none of them were, it was all just people I thought I knew and liked, but I'd never actually thought about any of them, in fact I'd treated most of them like shit to be honest, and I just wanna say sorry for making you feel the way I made you feel. I was just horrible to everyone around me. I mean, we were best friends for like 4 years and then I just pushed you away like you meant nothing to me, but you did. And I'm sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me or anything, I just want you to know I'm sorry. So, just please don't go down there, I can't lose you a second time."