Chapter 4

Authors Note! 

Hey! Well thought I'd say that I'm back to writing and showing my work here on Wattpad! :) Sorry it took so long! I am a college student and that's something that takes my everyday attention. This chapter may not reach some peoples expectations, but I promise it will get better. I just have to build up to the juicy parts. Please tell me if anything is wrong or needs improving. ALSO tell me if the different nicknames for Philias is confusing. Please don't forget to Comment, fan and Vote!!! :D 

-BibliophileForLife 

Chapter 4

Arden’s POV

I stared at Lia as she blew my mind. I was seeing the confident and relaxed Lia. I doubted many have the chance to see this part of her. A smile overcame my face as she ran into her house with me in tow. A part of me was scared, not of her, but of the closeness I felt towards her. Humans may need a constant companion in life, but vampires don’t. A vampire can live alone; sometimes another companion is tedious and annoying. I felt weak at just the thought of craving another’s attention and companionship.

My eyes dart around the house taking in the objects surrounding it. A smirk overcame me at the sight of their nicely stocked DVD shelves. After having my fill of checking out their collection and deciding on which movies I plan on borrowing, I followed the smell towards the kitchen. The talk inside came to a halt as I entered.

The breath knocked out of me as I stared at Lia. Not once did I notice how her hair hung around her frame the entire time she was at my house. Now here she stood with the suns rays behid her enveloping her body. It was breathtaking. My heart restarted as I saw the locks reach towards her butt, outlining her figure. Gone was the baggy shirt . She now revealed the tank top that was once under it. I stared at her creamy skin as she stared at me with the same puzzling expression.

A movement from the corner of my eye lifted the trance. I could tell that this was Lia’s mom. A certain part of me registered that they had the same build, but it was certain that she didn’t get her traits from her mom.  She has light honey blonde hair and startling blue eyes that catch every movement. Tilting my head to her, I let her know she was registered. Before you even talk to an older vampire, you have to show respect or some bad things happen. I still had the scar on my upper left arm to prove it. A light tingling still came from the mark when I touched it.

Lia’s mother stared at us with amusement in her eyes as she looked at both of us assessing the other. I knew she knew what was going on, but wouldn’t tell us. Elder vampires never told you something they felt you should find out on your own and it looks like Lia’s mother inherited that certain trait.

“So, Phy why don’t you and Arden go and watch a movie in the living room while I wait for your father to get home to start eating our dinner.” Lia and I nod to her. I follow her out back into the living room. I can feel her mother’s feelings of approval for me as we exit. A smirk overcomes my features. No mother can resist me.

I stare at Lia's back as she walks in front of me. I can see the difference of her from when she was at school. A confident vampire was in front of me. It makes me wonder on why she acts differently in public. I could tell by the smell of resentment coming off her that she hates the idea of our kind. I could think of many vampires I’ve come across in my life that hate the being they are, but it’s hard for me to see it in her.  

The loneliness washes over me as I see her hands fidget at her sides. I can feel her cut off her emotions like a wall in a maze. Giving up on understanding her anymore, I continue towards the living room.