CHAPTER 2: My Saviour

I ran almost ten blocks down the street to make sure that Dylan wouldn't follow me. I dropped to my knees in the middle of the rubble covered street. I grabbed my torso and tried to calm the trobbing pain. I leaned my head forward and my black hair fell in my face.I sighed and pushed it back.

 I was thinking about living in the abandoned building to my right because I couldn't stand the abuse anymore. My entire body was covered in bruises from the times Dylan had drank too much. I fell over onto my back and stared up at the black sky. I'm not going back. I can't. One of these times hes going to kill me.I'm just going to live right here in the street. I thought.

I wasn't tired but I decided closing my eyes for a bit would ease the pain. I currled myself into a ball and squeezed my eyes shut. When I shut my eyes, I stopped crying for the first time in the past hour. I didn't think i was tired, but I quickly fell asleep.

Two hours passed and I was woken up by a hand on my back. I jumped up and yelled. "Calm down, Mo. You're going to give yourself a heart attack." the person said. It took me a minute to realize that the person was one of the five that I live with, Xavier. I calmed down a bit. Xavier was the only sane person out of all of us.

I sighed and wrapped my arms around him. "I'm so glad it's only you." I whispered. He stroked my hair. "Why are you out here at two o'clock in the morning?" he questioned pulling back. I lifted my shirt slightly to reveal the big bruise on my stomach. Xavier gasped and ran his fingers over my injury. "What on Earth happened?" he gasped. I put my shirt down and replied, "Dylan,of course. He was drunk again."

Xavier pulled me into the building on the side of the street. He sat me on the floor and ran to get something. In a few moments he came back with an ice pack. "Put this on your stomach, it will help." he instructed. I did as I was told, thanking God that I have him. He is my saviour.

"I don't mean to sound rude," he began, "but I think you should find somewhere else to live. I would come with you, of course. I don't like Dylan. I hate how he's always abusing you like this. You have done nothing to that shitthead, but he treats you like garbage. I can't stand to see you like this!"  He took the ice pack from my hand and pressed it gently to my jaw.

He sat down Indian style in front of me. He stared deeply into my eyes. I felt like a was falling under a spell. His beautiful green eyes seemed to examine my soul, and show pity for me. But Xavier's eyes aren't the only things beautiful about him. His overall appearence is also beautiful, but most importantly, so is his personality. Rae and Lola, the other two that live in the motel, and are my best friends (my only friends), say that Xavier and I are perfect for each other. In that moment, with him examing my heart, I definatly felt something.

Without breaking his gaze, Xavier took my legs in his hands, wrapped them around his torso, and lifted my body so that I was sitting on his lap. "Run away with me Mo." he whispered. He wiped the dried blood from my mouth and moved his face closer to mine. "Xavier, please. If Dylan finds me here, he'll kill me." I begged, pushing myself away.