17 - THE RIDDLE PHOENIX

(NARRATION)

"Do you have a book about the Lich?"

"Hmm..."

Turtle Princess glanced at the back, stroking the covers' etched titles until she identified the book they are looking for. She lent a huge dark book, dirtied in ancient and embedded medieval characters.

"The Lifestory of Luis Alberich?" 

"If you take out letters from its name, it resembles a new one," Turtle Princess stroked its letters.

"See it for yourself." 

Finn tapped his finger on his chin, grazing his index finger on the letter 'L' from his first name than 'ich' from his last name.

"Lich."

Since they were curious about his life story, Finn flipped the page to the first only to see a prominent history of his life. He constantly flipped most of the pages to see some pictures. To his dismay, he saw nothing but words.

Princess Bubblegum stopped Finn from flipping the pages repeatedly. She read the words from the first page out loud, "Luis Greg Alberich."

"Alberich was experimented with by his scientists to make a crossover of the most powerful animal in the world. He transmigrated an animal's blood and genes to his system, turning his heart into stone. His urge to seek the wilderness and extinct the lives of many brought him to dangerous intentions."

Princess Bubblegum continued. 

"He tried fighting its side effects to rule out the possibility of reigning until it led him to search for the great Phoenix. He believed that he and the Phoenix can make a perfect pair to rule the world. The Phoenix became his guide but he was too selfish. After all, he was self-centered that he even left his companion to do things on his own."

Princess Bubblegum rubbed her eyes then continued, "I don't see a direct response to our query in the book. But if we find the Phoenix, we might identify his weakness." she whispered as the others agreed.

"Where can we find the Phoenix?" Finn asked. 

"According to the book, The Great Phoenix is located in the highest top of the tallest mountain in Evergreen Forest, Ooo. If we arrive there before the second dawn, then we'll surely prevail." 

As they went back to the Candy Kingdom to prepare their necessities, Finn practiced while Jake ate and watched him perform various movements outside the kingdom. 

❇ CANDY KINGDOM'S UNDERGROUND LABORATORY ❇  

"Hey, Bonnie. I just want to te—Woah. What's that huge thing you got there?"

"My invention. I made this transportation because Finn, Jake, and I are going to find the Phoenix. And what exactly are you doing here?" 

"Oh, about the varmints. They're in my cave right now and I don't know how to defeat them." 

"Take that Potion Blaster from the desk. It can kill those creeps in no time." Marceline floats next to it after Princess Bubblegum gestured her to use the potion.

"Okie dokie. By the way, what's with the phoenix?" 

Princess Bubblegum attached a large material on her invention, glancing back at Marceline, "It's about the Lich. She got Y/n." 

"What? How come?" Princess Bubblegum shrugged, "Don't know but we'll find it sooner. Aren't you going to kill those varmints back in your cave?" 

"Yeah, but can I go with you. I've got nothing to do at home besides playing my bass."