7 - TO TRUST

❇ ❇ ❇

Meanwhile in Takara Island...

"Ah, the wealth of this kingdom never wilts. How long is Takara living?" He ordered someone from his men who held the book of Takara Island. A skinny man showed himself, dictating the years of Takaran life and its history. King Zankoku already overpowered the whole Takara, turning the island into his own.

As the door opens wide, two men tugged a wrinkled woman inside the kingdom as if she's a disposable toy. The old lady, presumably around her 50s or 60s, wriggled from the tight grasp of the Outsiders. She screamed and squirmed while the Outsiders kept her in their arms. Before she had the urge to fight back, Zankoku spoke and rose from his feet.

"SILENCE, MY PEOPLE!" He proclaimed and said, "LET THE WOMAN SPEAK." 

His army pushed the scrawny woman with mouths kept shut. They all glowered at her pitiful figure yet no one attempted an action. She cried in despair, her wondering voice piercing the outsiders. "Tell me what they want to hear. Once a citizen is dragged inside my kingdom," the king murmured, "they know something about the heirs or they just want to escape." 

He ended it with a killing smile, making the poor woman gaze at him miserably. "I...I don't know anything," she pleaded in between her gasps and tears. Surprisingly, the king yelled and grumbled, petrifying the desolate woman in front of his army. 

"You don't know?" he laughed.

"I don't know anything. Please...let me go."

He took his sword from his scabbard and thrust it in front of the Fate Witch. "Answer me or I'll kill you." The grievous king watched her freeze, slowly gesturing at the collection of the decapitated heads. The Fate Witch gulped then gaped, scanning each head in the cabinet. "The..."

"The heiress is still alive."

---

FINN'S POV

"JAKE, LOOK OUT!" I dashed over the trolls to save Jake from the gigantic troll behind him. I took my current sword then prepared myself to attack. However, an army of trolls stopped me from doing so. 

A red line stroke its face before it dispersed into thin air. All of the mini trolls vanished along with the dust they created. "Mission accomplished." 

Jane smirked as I take my sword back. I dusted my shirt and helped Jake to stand up. I turned to see Jane adjusting her boots and belt. Since Princess Bubblegum gave Jane a chance to live in Ooo, she let her fight in the dungeon grounds.

"Great job!" she beamed at me then at her gleaming red sword. "Where did you get that?" I asked her, scanning her weapon from its sharp edge to the pommel reflecting the bright blue sky. She hummed then stroked the polished sword, glancing back at me.

"My stepfather gave it to me as a gift for my birthday. He told me that its blade came from the heart of our island, the Red Diamond, that held the life of my home."

"Woah..." I mumbled to myself and followed her back home. "So, how did you know about fighting?" she lowered her hood down then glimpsed at me gently. "Oh, about that..." she smiled, "My step-father trained me because it's a culture in our hometown."

"Step-father?" she nodded then continued with a frown, "Y/n and I were adopted. We got separated before, according to my step-grandmother. She knows everything actually. Like a shaman of some sort."

"HELP!"

"Finn, Jake. We need your help, a wild bear is on the loose!" a villager approached us while he dragged his daughter near him. I withdrew my sword and searched for a place to pounce on it. Jane slid her sword off her scabbard. We switched places and planned for an attack as the bear shifted forward. Jake stretched out to encircle it while I jumped inside to do the first move. "Just disturb the bear, Finn. I'll take it from here." Jane shouted. I thrust my sword at the bear but it began moving violently. "Jane! I don't think it's easy to--"

"FINN!"

Y/n? What is she doing here?

"Finn! That bear broke y--"

"RAAAAA!"

"Y/N!"

I ran towards her while along with Jake. Jane aimed her bow at the bear's bottom. I yelled at Y/n to catch her attention. However, she didn't budge.

"(Y/N), watch out!"

"Gotcha!" Jane slid beside the bear as I watch it fall on the ground. I knelt beside Y/n and helped her stand up. She rubbed her forehead continuously, her body leaning forward and backward nonchalantly.

"Hey, you okay?" she nodded slowly with eyes glowing back to their original color. "Why didn't you move when I told you so?" she looked at me, crossing her eyebrows in confusion.

Strange. Why did she stare at the bear?

"I'm...I'm fine." she stuttered. Jane called our attention, gesturing us to come closer to her and Jake. I grabbed Y/n's hand then told Jane about her unusual actions. I glanced at Y/n and she answered me with a smile. Before we head to the tree fort, we informed Bubblegum about the bear and she immediately commanded the banana guards to take the bear's body so she can examine and release it.

Animals are very seldom escaping their habitat to reach grasslands unless they're scavenging for food - which probably explained the bear's violent actions. Princess Bubblegum told us about its whereabouts when she opted to examine the unexpected creature in our domain.

I still had no idea why Y/n acted differently.

---

"What shall we do now, your highness?" King Zankoku grinned at the Fate Witch sitting right next to him. A half-lie and truth. She told her one of the princesses then kept her mouth shut after a couple of interrogations. 

"Send my soldiers to journey to Ooo and tell them to find that princess."

With a devilish grin on his face, Zankoku gave the fate witch a dominating gaze and a laugh.

"I know exactly what to do to her."

❇ ❇ ❇

- edited/rewritten