Chapter 3 - Yk/n's Gift

F/m = Favorite Manga

Monday
4:25 Pm
You lie in bed lazily holding a copy of F/m in front of you. The house was quiet today because your parents were out paying taxes and Yk/n had gone to do some "business". They were pretty secretive about the whole deal before they left.

A few hours had passed and your door creaked open. You turned your head to see Yk/n holding some grocery bags as they walked to your bed and took a seat next to you.

"Sorry I took so long, the lines were pretty long, nyan."

You set F/m down. "It's alright. Whatcha have there?"

"I bought some helpful tools for when you encounter and befriend Yo-kai, nyan!" Exclaimed Yk/n as they pulled out a blue tablet looking device from the bag. "This right here is called a Yo-kai pad. Whenyever you come across a Yo-kai and want to knyow more about it, you can read through their article on here, nyan!"

"Nice!" You said as you took the tablet from Yk/n and observed it, sliding your finger across the screen which unlocked it. You began scrolling through various pages of the Yo-Kai wiki page and were amazed at all the different types of Yo-kai you found.

"It also has a function to scan Yo-kai medals, when you do that it will auto-direct you to their wiki page, and nyot only that, but you can collect extra information about the Yo-Kai, nyan!"

As soon as Yk/n said that, you had a lightbulb. "Yk/n! What if we scanned your Yo-Kai medal? Would it tell us who you are?"

Yk/n's face lit up. "Thats a great idea, nyan!"

You quickly dug your hand into your pocket and pulled out the silver medal. Yk/n ran up to the Yo-Kai pad and selected the option that said "Scan Medal" before hovering the device over where you placed the medal.

Yk/n messed with it for a while but nothing seemed to happen, a flood of disappointment washed over them.

"Maybe it's just a glitch? Lets try Komasan's medal." You said as you held his medal in the air.

You held the Yo-Kai pad over Komasan's medal and sure enough it worked, bringing up loads of information about the Yo-Kai. You slid Yk/n's medal under the scanner a second time and once again nothing happened. "Maybe if we try-"

"Y/n. Stop. It's nyot going to work, just forget it, nyan." Yk/n said in an emotionless tone as they walked over to the grocery bag and starting scrummaging through it. You went quiet as they placed a red book in your hands that had golden designs all over.

"This is called a Yo-Kai Medallium. You can store all of your Yo-Kai medals in here, every seventh Yo-Kai unlocks a legendary, have fun..."

You hesitantly placed the two medals you acquired in the Medallium and when you looked up you caught a glimpse of your closet door shutting and Yk/n was no longer in sight. You felt awful.

What happened?

Y/n's Current Number of Yo-kai Friends: 2

***

I've been a very bad author-chan, I haven't updated in forever! >.<
I've been so busy with school and other things and haven't had the motivation to write.
I hope you can forgive me and know that I'm not abandoning this book!

Love you all~!