3. The Wolf

~Chapter Three: The Wolf~

"Well," Isabelle said, packing up everything she and her sister had spilled out of their bag. We were in my room and the Spencer kids were just about to leave. "We best get going. Thank you for the dinner, Chase." She smiled up at me.

                "You're welcome." I replied. "We better exchange numbers. I might need you and your sister's help again in the near future."

                "Sure." She gave me hers first and then her sisters. They were going back to Casadela, Virginia so that their dad won't worry about them. I asked them to spend the night but they declined, saying that their way of getting home was perfectly safe. "If you need us, you know where we are."

                "Izzy," said Anna. "You ready?"

                The brunette waved at me before grabbing her sister's hand and then adjusting the backpack. "See ya, Chase; time for my unbelievable getaway."

                I waved once. "See you, Iz."

                Anna closed her eyes and scrunched up her brows, concentrating hard. A bright white light appeared around them, encompassing them. I had to scrunch my eyes as it became blinding light. Then everything died down. I opened my eyes and was taken aback to still see Isabelle standing there.

                When she opened her eyes, the shock on her face moved me to laughter. I burst out giggling like a girl as her 'unbelievable' getaway turned out to be a failure. She glared at me and huffed. She pulled out her cell and then pressed speed dial.

                "Anna!" She screamed in the phone. "I can't believe you left me here! Argh, come back now!"

                The door suddenly opened to reveal a snickering Anna. She was holding her cellphone in one hand and then clutching her stomach with the other.

                "You...should...have...seen your face, sis," said Anna in between giggles. "It's was priceless!"

                Isabelle glared, her blue eyes firing up. "Oh you want priceless, huh? How about I kick your tiny little butt into the middle of next week?"

                Anna rolled her eyes and ignored the threat. She smirked. "You won't be able to get home if you do. So, fail for you."

                Izzy smiled. "Hey, Chase," she said, turning to me. "That offer to stay the night is still on right? And if you don't mind, can you extend it until next Saturday?"

                "Ah, sure," I said.

                Just as Isabelle was about to reply, the phone in her hand rang. She glanced at it, frowned and then clicked answer. "Hey, dad," she said into the lump of plastic. "Yeah, we're at the Rhowen's...yeah, Anna ate well...yeah, I did, too...what?!" She screamed into the phone. "I was kidding! I wouldn't stay here...maybe your vision turned out wrong...okay, okay, we're coming home now."

                She snapped the phone and turned to glare at Anna. "Dad saw your plan, didn't he?" said Annabelle, smirking. "I told you it was a fail."

                "Whatever." Izzy rolled her eyes. "Now come, we've got to get home."

                And they repeated the same thing they did a while ago but this time, they were both gone for good. I rubbed my face. Those sisters were definitely a handful but hilarious. It was a miracle they didn't get awkward with me.