1.1

And in the end
I'll do it all again,
I think you're my best friend,
and don't you know that the kids aren't all
kids aren't alright?
Fall Out Boy – The Kids Aren't Alright

It all started during the celebration party held on Mount Olympus only two weeks after the Giant Battle at Camp Half-Blood. My wounds had just managed to fully heal the day before ceremony was announced so at least that was a good thing. I had a couple scrapes and bruises but the major injuries were quite serious, a scar on my right forearm because a stupid roman demigod decided to take a hit at me with his Imperial Gold blade. Son of a bitch, that one hurt like hell, the healers said that it was infused with the poison of the tail of the snake on the Khimaria (Chimera) though I haven't the slightest clue how that happened. There were also a few scorch marks on my back due to some freaking monster deciding to take a bloody cheap-shot to the middle of my back. I got it back and sent it down to Tartarus where it had to be regenerated over the next couple of years.

Anyway, at the banquet, we each were discussing our futures and what we would do, I of course had never known what I would be doing because since I turned 10, all I had ever known was combat, and that was a very frightening reality. And of course, eventually when the topic of the conversation turned to me, I stuttered,

"Maybe um, uh I actually have no clue." I stuttered and looked at the bottom of my goblet, wishing that I wasn't here at the moment.

"It's okay, the wars are over for now, so at least we can be free to make our own decisions." Percy assured me while his arm was lovingly wrapped around Annabeth.

"That's easy for you to say big brother," I laughed, "You are going to College in New Rome." I clasped his shoulder, "You've got Annabeth making all the decisions for you."

We all laughed, joyous from the recent victory in battle. Our freedom from war was something that we had all wanted, and we had achieved that goal. Now, we had been given the chance to live normal lives, as normal as a life of a demigod could be. My mind was blank with options of what I could do post-war.

"Well I don't know what you guys are doing, but we're going to see my dad and his family back at home." Piper announced while snuggling up to Jason.

"I can't wait," Jason said with excitement, "I've watched all of his movies since we watched the first one. You've got me hooked."

An idea struck me, what if I visited my mother's family in Mystic Falls? surely their normality will give me a better sense of what is would be like to be normal, average mortal. My eyes scanned the crowd for my father, wondering what would his take be on the matter. Once I had spotted him among the crowd, my mind was made up. I excuse myself from the little group I was in and made my way to my father, Poseidon.

He smiled at me as I approached him and swung an arm around my shoulder when I came to stand by his side. "Hello, my dear, how are your wounds?"

"Hello Father. My wounds are okay, still healing though." The bandages around my back constantly reminded me of that.