Chapter seven- The three women

"Goodness! Just look at all this mess!" Was the female voice that woke Raelyn up.

"Oh just look at the poor girl" Another female voice sounded. “She’s nude!” The woman gasped in shock at the state of Raelyn.

“I don’t blame her for making all this mess. I heard she got mistaken for one of the peasants. I suppose she was retaliating. ” The first woman spoke again in a sympathetic tone.

"Yes, that snatcher got dealt with after that" The second woman replied snidely.

"Shush! I think she's waking up!" The second woman hushed the others. She smoothed her hair back and straightened out her pristine white pleated dress. "Morning dear, we're here to get you all cleaned up!" Raelyn’s vision was slightly blurred from her just waking. But she noticed the woman had grey hair and that was tied up into a neat bun. "I'm Angela, this is Flora and Petrine" Angela pointed out the women.

Raelyn looked at Flora who had black hair and put up into a bun similar to Angela's. Petrine who had wavy ginger hair, that was not tied up and fell just above her shoulders. Raelyn noticed that even though Angela’s hair was grey, there was not a wrinkle, line or crease to be seen on her face. By looking at her face, you would of thought she was 20. But you could see the tiredness and true age in her eyes. Raelyn’s mother always told her that eyes always show the truth.  

"Come now, we need to start. It seems we have much more to do that I thought" Flora looked over Raelyn critically. Raelyn pulled the sheet closer to her; trying to cover more of her exposed flesh.

"There is a bath waiting for you" Angela told her, while looking at her expectantly; waiting for her to stand up. She sighed when Raelyn still did not move a muscle.

“Listen sweetheart, it would be much easier if you just complied. I could get a guard to help? But neither I nor you want that now, do we?” Flora raised her eyebrows in question and Raelyn shook her head in return. She felt so vulnerable and exhausted, that she could not find the energy to argue. Plus so did not like the idea of a guard ‘helping’. She knew that there would be violence involved.

Raelyn shakily stood up, while holding on to the head stand of the bed for support. Just as she had managed to get out of the bed her legs gave way and she collapsed to the floor. The three women rushed to her straight away giving a squeal of fright.

“Are you okay!?” Flora asked in a worried tone as her hands fluttered uselessly over Raelyn’s body. Raelyn swallowed, trying to wet her dry throat. She nodded and Flora let out a sigh of relief. “Excellent!” She smiled and clapped her hands together. “Petrine, stop standing there and make yourself useful” Angela looked at Petrine who seemed to have been snapped out of a day dream. Raelyn had completely forgotten that Petrine was there. She stood so quietly that you could easily forget her. “Go and order some food and drink for the poor girl. She must be famished and parched!” Petrine looked around for a moment as she was suddenly brought back to reality. Then she nodded and straightened her white dress. She walked over to another pad the other side of Raelyn’s bed and scanned her hand onto it. She entered her UIN and a block of numbers came up on the screen. She pressed one number and a dialling tone came from the pad.

Angela and Flora distracted Raelyn by helping stand up by holding her arms. She had to use all of her strength to stand up. Her legs still shook but she did not fall. Angela and Flora guided her to the bathroom. Flora set one of her hands free and scanned it onto the pad by the door. Raelyn heard that the dialling tone had stopped and Petrine was saying various foods and drinks into the pad. Raelyn still had the sheet wrapped around her body tightly . She tried to refuse as they told her to take it off. But then she remembered what Angela had said and finally gave in.

They all tutted at her bruised and skinny body. The bruises were mainly a result of being in the van. The Snatcher did not take care when he turned the corners or when over the gaping cracks in the road. Flora told her to get into the bath and Raelyn complied.

She felt immediately soothed by the hot and soapy water. Flora started to wash her hair, putting solution after solution into it. Petrine came in the bathroom at some point and asked if she could be of any use. But Angela scoffed. “You can stand over in that corner and be quiet. That’s about as much use you are” She said snidely.

After they finished they told her to dry herself off and meet them in the bedroom. 

I'm sorry it's so short! But I felt so bad for not uploading anything so I edited as much as I could and voila! My computer crashed and I lost a couple of chapters that  I edited. Luckily I still have the draft! I hope to have more up soon :) 

Comment, vote, fan, like etc please! :D