Chapter ten

Okay so this is not edited but I haven't written, or uploaded for a while :( with Xmas and New Years and work I haven't found much free time! But even though this is still small I wanted to upload something :)

Enjoy!

--------------------------------

It was now the third time Raelyn had checked her room for any escape route other than her main door. And for the third time she found nothing. While growling in frustration she slammed the door to the bathroom shut and paced around the immaculate room.

The maids have been in multiple times throughout the day, cleaning her room and bringing food. Each time they left the food in her room she wouldn't touch it. Part of the reason was that she didn't trust the food. But the other part was that she just wasn't hungry. More important matters filled her mind too much to be bothered about food. She needed to leave this place. To get the word out about what was happening. She needed to bring this sadistic plan to the ground.

Even though it still hurt to think that her father was the one who started all of this, the pain had gotten much easier to deal with. She mainly felt anger and disgust towards him now. For one thing she couldn't believe that he actually tortured children and teenagers like her for his own benefit. And also she still can't believe that he kept it away from her and her family. It makes her wonder if her whole life was a lie, or at least some of it.

What if her father only told her the stories of the War and Earth's past to lead her up to this. To make sure she had the same knowledge and hatred that he had. Luckily she didn't have that hatred. She felt hatred towards the Snatchers and the rumors of what happened after you'd been Snatched ever since they started. She felt even more hatred towards her father. But she didn't have the same hatred towards the things her father had, and Raelyn decided she never would.

Yesterday her father gave her a small tour of the underground building. He introduced her to the major partners, Scientists and even a few of the most known Snatchers. She barely said a word to each of the people she met. She can't even remember if she made any eye contact with them either. She didn't care. She didn't care what they thought of her, of what her father thought of her now. But she knew she had to at least be civil around her father. She didn't want her father to catch onto her plan to escape. She knew if he did he would restrict her from going anywhere. And keep her contained to her room. More so than now.

So she made sure she kept up her appearance somewhat. She kept herself clean and wore tidy clothes. She still wasn't used to the feeling of the soft expensive material, compared to the itchy and patched up clothes that she usually wears.

Raelyn heard a soft tap on her door, but like the many times before she didn't say anything. After a few seconds the door slid open to reveal a girl that she hadn't seen before. Usually the same maids came to her room each day. But this girl was new.

She watched her intently as the girl, who looked around Raelyn's age walked into the room. She kept her eyes glued to the floor while Raelyn didn't move from her bed. The girl walked up to the table where the untouched food remained from this morning and tried to balance the tray on her free arm.

Raelyn noticed the tray wobble slightly and then crash to the floor. The girl froze for a second then scrambled to the floor trying to clean up the glass, only using her bare hands. She was muttering to herself in a disapproving way, but she stopped as she realised Raelyn was now getting up.

She walked towards the girl who was now watching her with wide eyes. Raelyn took her hands into her own and brushed off the glass that was breaking the girls fragile skin. She looked into the girls eyes for any sign of tears, but saw none. She knew that even with the toughest mind that glass cutting into your skin would hurt. Raelyn sighed as the realised what her father had told her. They feel no fear and pain.

Raelyn slowly stood up and helped the girl off the floor too. She guided her to the bathroom and went towards the sink. In her years of living in a less fortunate town, Raelyn knew how to deal with injuries like these. Sadly, there was no medical kit in the draws. So she had to make do with a clean cloth and warm water. She beckoned for the girl to come over, she was still unsure of whether she should talk or not.

Although the girl seemed reluctant at first she slowly made her way over. Raelyn took her hand gently and ran it under the warm water washing away the blood and dirt. When she was satisfied it was clean she wrapped the cloth around her hand.

"This will have to do for now. If you can, try to find a medical kit. You'll need some ante septic cream on that" Raelyn spoke to the girl for the first time. She girls head snapped up as though she was in a day dream.

"Th-thank you" The girls voice was smothered in confusion.

"What's your name?" Raelyn wanted to know more about this girl. Maybe in one way it was an experiment, to see how much the girl could remember or feel. Was she still like Raelyn? Still... Human?

The girl hesitated at first then confidently said "10989" With a tone Raelyn heard in her fathers voice. It was emotionless

"No. I want to know your real name" The girls face went from emotionless to confused again.

"My name is 10989"

"Do you not remember? Don't you have memories?" Raelyn was getting desperate. Although she was still curious. Anger and fear was seeping it's way into her. She feared that all of her fathers dreams and rumors were true. But she didn't want to believe them. That these people, like this girl in front of her, are just empty shells waiting to be occupied by a perfect soldiers mind.

"Memories?"