Chapter sixteen

I'm so happy that I have over one thousand reads!!! Pease vote and comment :)

Excuse that this chapter may not be as good. I'm a bit rusty and it's still not fully edited. Also, it's a bit of a filler. Hope you like it otherwise :)

---

Raelyn waited for Roman to come back. She busied herself by pretending to look at the computer screen in front of her as she tapped her finger against the table. She was getting very nervous and impatient but a couple of minutes later Roman returned. His torso was completely covered by the multiple thick books he carried. He seemed to carry them effortlessly as he put them onto the table beside her.

"I wasn't too sure what ones you wanted. I found quite a few." He scratched the back of his neck and ruffled his blonde hair. Raelyn noticed that was a habit of his when he got nervous. Just like how she tapped her fingers when she got nervous or impatient. Even though she had only known him for a couple of hours, she was very observant like that.

"That's great, thank you" She said with a forced smile. "I think I'll take them back to my room now and read them." Another trait of hers, she was a good liar. Roman checked his watch before he replied.

"Good idea. It's nearly time for you to see your father anyway." Raelyn cursed under her breath which caused Roman to raise an eyebrow. She completely forgot about that. The boy she met just before would have to wait.

"I have to see him don't I?" It was a rhetorical question. Her father was strict and persistent.

"I believe you know the answer ma'am."

"Unfortunately" Raelyn sighed. She had been avoiding him since she saw him a few days ago. "Alright, I guess we had better get going." She picked up a couple of the heavy books and started towards the door.

"No need to help, I can carry them myself." Roman's calm voice came from behind her.

"I can carry them." Stubbornness was another trait.

"If you say so" Raelyn could hear the smirk in his voice. The books were very heavy, but she wouldn't give up. She pursed her lips and continued to the elevator.

"Um, Raelyn, it would probably be quicker if we go the right way." She turned around quickly to see Roman gesturing the opposite direction to which she was facing. That smirk was back on his face. She wanted to wipe it off as her face flushed with embarrassment.

"Right" She muttered under her breath, along with another curse. Roman must have heard as he howled with laughter. Raelyn looked up at him, startled. He continued to laugh, and hesitantly, she joined in, feeling more at ease than she had done for months.

"What do you mean I have to wait here?" Jasper asked Raelyn. She thought that his eyebrows couldn't frown anymore. He stood in front of her with his arms crossed. She didn't know how he still had such a big built form. He briefly told her where he'd come from, as did she. Even though he still didn't believe her.

"Listen" She almost growled. "I have to meet my father, I will try to be as quick as I can-" She stopped talking as Jasper scoffed.

"Right" He raised an eyebrow and rolled his eyes.

"It's not like I want to go alright?!" Raelyn's raised voice wiped that annoying expression off of Jasper's face. "I just have to. I don't really have a choice okay? But if you stay here, no one should check on this room."

"So I'm supposed to wait here like a sitting duck?" Raelyn was losing her patience.

"Yes! And if you don't like it you can get out." She raised an eyebrow as she pointed to the door. He didn't respond. "Good. So you can wait here, I will be back as soon as I can. Okay?"