Chapter 2: Time Doesn't Stop

Hiya everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Also I thought this song fit Edge so much. Let me know if you agree!

Another thing, I just changed the cover. What do you guys think?

Q: While I am in the editing process, do you guys like them when I post a couple times a day or would you prefer if I uploaded on a daily or so schedule?

Chapter 2: Time Doesn't Stop

I peek an eye through the keyhole to see my target getting prepared to give a private show. My trained eyes search the room for anything that I could use to my advantage. With a mental marker, I cross off all items that won't be of use to me in a matter of seconds before I see what I can use.

The room itself is simple enough with a bed, window, wooden furniture, and the chandelier is what catches my interest. It hangs delicately over the bed with a gentle sway with the crack of the window allowing a small breeze.

"Bingo," I whisper under my breath as a smirk slips across my lips. This should go smoother than I had originally anticipated.

I bring my ring to my lips and my disguise of an older man turns into my shadow cloak as I become one with the darkness.; my most comfortable form.

I already determined there was no other way into the room other than the door and window. I close my eyes and allow my body to become particles of the air and flow in through the keyhole.

Bet you didn't know I could do that, huh?

Once I'm inside my body heads towards the candles in a nearly invisible cloud, snuffing them out and plunging my victims into total darkness, save for the inkling of moonlight coming in through the maroon curtains with the breeze billowing them. As I regain my physical form, I feel sluggish and fatigued though it only lasts for a few moments. Abilities such as becoming air takes a toll on my body, so I try and not do it for very long because if I grow weak while in form, I could get stuck in an awkward situation.

"What the hell?" The man grunts as he rises from his chair clearly upset his show got disturbed and crosses over to the candle. My mark just sighs as she reaches to the end table beside the chair and starts puffing on the pipe, looking completely uninterested.

Oh sweetie, you would have died anyway with a habit like that.

Within the seconds of the man's back being turned and her lack of attention on me, I take the chance to jump up to the support beams. I have to hold my balance as I stealthy make my way to the chandelier. I set to work on weakening the hold of the chandelier so with a gentle nudge it would go falling.

There's a crash, a faint cry that only lasts a millisecond before silence. By the time the man has the candle lit, he turns to find his performer mutilated and crushed to death in an unfortunate accident. Me? I'm already casually walking down the street with the full moon reflecting off of my ring as I remain cloaked.

I can see the Death Collectors flying over my head to go and retrieve my fresh kill. "All in a days work," I say to myself as I find a nice looking secluded spot to open my portal and dive right in. The familiar chill soothes me as I twist and turn, knowing it could be a good while before I get bac-

I plop down onto my bed before I can even finish my thought. "Oh, I'm here." I shrug at least thankful that it didn't take long and I might actually get some sleep before school.

When it comes to realm jumping, time doesn't slow down or stop when I am traveling. It makes it complicated when I travel because different realms are moving at different clocks. It could be day time here, but night time in another. It's similar to time zones only there's no true way to keep them all on track.