I Can't Live Without You {Himchan Sad Imagine}

I walked into the store with my best friend Himchan. We immediately went to the grocery section and picked out some food for tonight. We were going to have a nice dinner because I finally got the promotion from the police department and was officially a lieutenant.

“So what kind of food do you want?” Himchan asked. “Lemons?” He asked and held them up to his eyes and made a funny face.  I loved it when Himchan did aegyo for me. He never does aegyo for anyone and even though I have known him for my whole life, I can never get over it.

I laughed and covered my mouth and Himchan took away the lemons from his eyes and smiled to himself.

Oh that smile. That smile always killed me. I don’t think people realize how hard it is to see someone smile like that every day and act like they had no interest in the person. Sometimes I don’t know if I am pulling it off well enough.

“No I already told you that I just wanted to cook something hot and sweet.”  I said.

“Well you can’t cook me for sure.” He said. “So what did you have in mind?”

“Umm… maybe a soup?” I asked.

“Sure that sounds great.” He said.

BANG. I turned as I heard popping sounds come from the other side of the store. BANG.  BANG.

“Get down!” I said as I saw 2 men at the front of the store holding guns. They were wearing clown masks.

Himchan, 2 little kids and I all hunched behind a shelf that was holding different kinds of fruits.

I reached for my waist belt and noticed that I didn’t have my gun. Of course I didn’t have my gun, I was shopping. Not about to go into work.

I looked over to Himchan and he looked at me with black eyes. His eyes were the widest I have ever saw them. Then he looked over to the boy and girl, and told them to get closer to him. He guided them behind the shelf and he sat in front of the space so the shooters wouldn’t know that anyone was there.

I looked over to the shooters and they started walking towards us.

With their guns pointed at everyone they walked past, they started to speak. “Now I am very sorry to inconvenience you all, but there is someone we want to see.” The first man said. He was very tall and a bit on the skinny side. His mask was mostly blue with white details.

“And don’t even act like you aren’t here, because we followed you here.” The other man said. He was more built than the other man. His mask was redder with white details. They were both white.

“Now we want a Miss Jessie Yee.” The first man said. I know that voice and I know that name. That is my name. How do they know my name?

“So I would just come out now, or every 10 seconds we are going to kill someone.” The second man said and grabbed a woman that was standing closest to him. The woman looked so scared.

“One…Two…” He started counting.

‘I have to give myself up.’ I thought.

“Three….Four…”

I started to stand up but Himchan grabbed my hand. He shook his head.

“Five…Six…”

“Please don’t go.” He whispered.

“Seven…Eight…” The man said while looked around.

“I have to Himchan.” I said with a frantic face. He brought me closer. He hugged me.