The Hidden Royal [11]

As soon as Shawn's car came to a stop in the driveway, I got out in a hurry. Ignoring the curious looks from him and Brittany, I ran up the porch steps. I made my way to my room with Bonnie and Tony calling me from downstairs. I slammed my door shut and leaned against it, breathing heavily. I closed my eyes for a short moment, trying to calm my heart. There had to be a solution to this. Right? I let out a sigh of frustration and banged my head against the door a couple of times. I stared at nothing for a while until a possible solution came to mind.

          Where in the world did I put it? My eyes scanned my room for the cd case the creep had gave me. I searched my head for the last time I'd seen it, but came up with nothing. I flung my sheets to the side, into the bundle of mess already on the floor. I threw my pillows carelessly behind me. Where could it have gone?! No one has been in my room. It should still be in here. After searching for the CD for maybe fifteen minutes, I was about to give up until I looked under my laptop. I sighed in relief and immediantly opened the CD case. There it was. A number.

            What was I going to say to the people that wanted to kidnap me? I had to say something convincing to be able to persuade the alpha into letting me have just another week. Or maybe he'll just say yes. No... I don't have that good of luck.

              I grabbed my phone and slowly pressed the buttons. I inhaled a deep breath of air and put my phone to my ear. I listened to the phone ring, until a man answered. "Hello?"

              I cleared my throat. "Erm... hi. Is this the alpha?" I asked. Hopefully, he'll know who I'm talking about. I was embarresed that I had to call him that.

               "No, this is his beta. I'll go get him." I waited. I felt my self start to shake and sweat with nerves.

                "Yes?" I heard the alpha say into the phone. My heart picked up a notch. Not in the good way either. Not in the way Damien always made me feel. But this was fear.

                "Alpha, this is Victoria Markus."

                "Ah, hello Victoria. I have to admit, this is quite a suprise. What brings you to call me dear."

                I swallowed harshly. "I'm calling to ask something. Please think this out. I would like another week. I want to visit my father for the last time to say goodbye."

                "I don't think that is such a good idea sweetheart." I wanted to snap at him for the stupid pet names. The only people that I feel comfortable with calling me that is my father and Damien. "You see, I wouldn't be suprised that you would tell your daddy of this situation."

                "You wouldn't have to worry. With the threats you gave me, do you think I'm that stupid to tell anyone? It's the princess you're talking to."

                 "You have a point, don't you? And that's why I'm making you my mate." He chuckled and I grimaced. "You have my permission to go see your father. I advise you to spend as much time with your father until your week is finished. Because, you'll never see him again sweetheart. Don't forget my warnings either. Tell anyone of this, your mate, father, twin, and even your kingdom, will die. Don't test me. You got it?"

                 I paused, feeling the anger run through my veins. "Yes." I hung up the phone and stared at it for the longest time until I flung it at the wall. It broke into pieces, scattering on the floor. I had to shift. It's been too long since my wolf has been let out and the anger didn't help one bit. Opening my window, I jumped, landing safely on my feet. I ran to the woods, and as soon as I was there, my wolf took over. Relief was all we felt as we ran through the woods.