Chapter Four

I'm thinking of making this a short story and then making a sequel for the other loose ends this one doesn't cover. Would you guys like that idea?

____________________________________________

Chapter Four

"Yeah, what topic for the song do you want?" She asked, while glancing over her shoulder and asking, "Should we go somewhere else? I'd rather no one steal our ideas," glaring at Matt, who put his hands up in a "I surrender" way.

"Sure, let me go ask Mrs. Tso, she seems to like me. I think its because 'Tala' is Native American for 'Wolf' and it reminds her of her heritage," I said, already moving to the front of the room.

"Mrs. Tso, would Paris and I be able to work on the project elsewhere? We think it would be better so no one tries to take our ideas and use them as their own," I asked trying to sound super sweet so she will allow us.

"That is a good idea, Ms. Tala. Where will you be?" She asked.

"We are not sure, will I be able to write a note from where we are for you on your desk?"

"You are allowed to do so. You may go," she smiled for the first time in days, brightening her posture and eyes, as if Magic of my question cheered her up.

From my place next to Mrs. Tso, I turned and waved Paris to me. Paris and I walked to the edge of the forest surrounding the college, that allowed us werewolves to go and run off our anger. And don't get me wrong, us werewolves don't turn into true wolves, we look more like that one T.V. show with werewolves, banshees, durachs, kitsune, nogitsune, and Oni. (Authors note: go ahead and guess the name of the T.V. show and channel it's on, I'll dedicate the next chapter to you if you get it right!)

"Okay, what topic do you want to talk about in the song?" Paris asked, keeping away from the tree line by about 20 feet.

"I'm not sure, yet. Do you have a few ideas?" I asked her. She seemed to preoccupied by something on the other side of the tree line over my shoulder. "Paris?" I walked up to her, "What's wrong?" She seemed frozen. Then I felt something watching me, so I turned around quickly. I still couldn't see anything, so I used my enhanced vision, feeling my eye color change to a deep purple. I searched the forest for anything out of place. Then I saw it, well, I should say her. Skyler Kaul, a Werewolf I used to know in kindergarten. She was in a defensive stance and staring at Paris. I moved in between the two, catching Skyler's eye, causing her to growl, so I 'shifted'. My nails lengthening, sharpening, my teeth doing the same, my brows becoming more prominent, eyes remaining deep purple, and growled back. Skyler backed down and 'shifted' back to normal, her hair returning to a natural red, eyes going from orange to green. She slowly approached me, head bowed; I stayed in front of Paris, in a protective stance, knowing Skyler could shift back and attack in milliseconds.

"Why are you here? You're not an enrolled student," Paris said from over my shoulder.

Skyler stopped and I could see her nails lengthening, so I growled, "Back down. As a member of this college and pack, you are trespassing. Answer Paris's question. Why are you here?"

"Your mom. She's not doing well. Your dad sent me. I didn't realize I needed to contact the school's Alpha. I thought it was neutral territory for all Specials, like back in Pand. I'm sorry. Show me to the Alpha? Or call the Alpha here?"

"Professor Michael, you are needed at the forest edge behind the Music building," I heard Paris talking into her cell.

"How can you be around them and not kill them?" Skyler asked me, saying them like it was poison just to say it.

"Skyler, I don't have the history you do with Vampires. And those were nomads. They don't follow the Special Courts rules like us. Paris is different than those that attacked your parents. I'm happy my mom's sister and brother-in-law got to take you in. I'm glad the Special Court allowed them to take you in, even though they were Magic Specials. I'm so sorry you had to witness your family being destroyed at the hands of monsters. But Paris is not one of them. She'd never harm another being unless it was her or them. You know me, you know I have the ability to sense good and evil in others. She's good. She's not going to hurt you, or anyone else. Trust me!" I spoke, feeling the pain my family saw of our neighbors after Skyler ran over and was bawling and couldn't say anything but 'No, no, no!' and pointing to her house. The pain filled me as it did back then.

Skyler looked and glowered over my shoulder, shifting, "What is that thing doing here? That Vampire?"

I growled a warning at her and glanced over my shoulder, Daniel Shore was strolling up to us like he owned the place. And in a way he did, his Great-Great-Gandparents donated the land for Specials to go to college here.

"Hey, I heard there was a female Wolf fight going on over here. I don't see any fighting going on?" He smirked at Skyler, thinking he could charm the new comer. Bad choice.

"You wanna fight, fine, you and me, bloodsucker!" Skyler snarled.

"No! Skyler, back down NOW!" I shifted stepping closer to her and in between Paris and Daniel, not allowing her to even try to advance on either of them.

"Okay, I'm sorry! I was just trying to flirt. Don't hurt me!" Daniel used Paris as a shield and said.

Skyler backed off a little, cocking her head to the side, "You were flirting with me? Why on Earth would a creature like you want to flirt with me?" You could hear and feel the disgust roll off of her.

"I wasn't trying to insult you, I flirt with everyone to find their boundaries. I'm sorry!" He continued to cower behind Paris.

"Well, being one of your species, you should never approach one of mine. Besides, that would risk breaking the S.C.'s rules. Plus, your species killed my parents!" She poised to pounce.

"Tala Moon, Paris, Daniel Shore, and..." Professor Michael paused.

"Skyler Kaul, sir," Skyler bowed her head.

"What is going on here?" He paused glancing around, his eyes landed on me, "Tala, explain."

"Skyler is, in a way, my adopted cousin. She, apparently, was sent by my dad. My mom's not doing well. The reason Daniel is cowering-"

"I'm not cowering! I'm shielding," Daniel interrupted me.

"Alright, shielding behind Paris because he tried to flirt with Skyler and didn't know about her hatred against Vampires, due to her parents being killed by rouge Vampires, nomad Vampires, and she should know, when I protect anyone, no matter the species, they are good," I spoke fast, not relaxing from my defensive position against Skyler.

"Alright, Skyler, come with me. Tala, Paris, Daniel, next class has begun. Your teachers have notes from me on their desk. If they do not believe you, send me a message. Either by cell phone or Magic," he pointedly looked at me when he said Magic.

"Understood," was heard in a chorus of three voices as we went our separate directions.

I ran Human speed to Specials History.

_________________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter. Some excitement in that one, huh? We're getting to the real excitement. So don't worry.

Comment, vote, and share for faster updates!