Chapter One

"Jess! Hurry up, we're gonna be late to first period!" I yelled at my college dorm roommate. Being in college for the second year here was annoying, especially when you get stuck with whatever roommate they give you and you can't change it until one of you graduates. And being the one who got stuck with little miss 'I HAVE to get my hair and makeup done to perfection without magic 'cause it's against the rules' can cause you to over sleep and miss breakfast and have to rush to get ready.

"Well, keep your panties from getting in a wad. I'm right here!" She said from behind me.

"That's not fair, Jess. You know we aren't supposed to use our powers until we are 23!" I said, walking past her and out the door to Arts building.

"Tala! Wait up! Geez. For a hybrid you sure move fast," Jess said running up to me.

"Sorry. I just really want to get to class and NOT be late this time," I told her, slowing slightly.

"I have an idea. Why don't I piggy back you and you use your werewolf speed?" She asked.

I stopped, "Fine, climb on," and as soon as she had one arm around my neck in a choke hold I took off full speed. We made it to class a full minute before we were supposed to.

"Ms. Moon, Ms. White, you two are unusually early. May I ask how?" Our professor, Mrs. Samson, gave us a peculiar look.

"Ms. White asked to piggy back me and me to use my werewolf speed. I apologize. I didn't want to be late again and it was the only good option I saw. If you are to punish either of us, I wish it be me. I a am the one that broke school rules. Not Ms. White." I spoke honestly and truthfully.

"Very well. Ms. Moon, seeing as you have no class until an hour after class your punishment is to clean ALL the paint brushes before your next class. No magic allowed. Understood?" Her tone serious and authoritative.

"Yes, Mrs. Samson."

"Take your seats," she paused as the bell in her room rang signaling the beginning of class, "now." She turned around and went to the front of the class and began the lecture on neorealism gothic artwork, while all of us took notes on the matter.

~~

•After a half an hour lecture•

"You may listen to music to help you. Get started. You have until the end of the class to finish your project. Turn it in as you leave, like always. You may begin," Mrs. Samson dismissed us.

"Hey, Tala! What are you gonna create for this project?" the school's bad boy, Pierce Hanson asked, trying to wrap his arms around me like he does all his bed preys. Key word, TRYING. As Pierce flew across the room I looked at him shocked that it happened.

"Ms. Moon! What happened?!" Mrs. Samson asked.

"Due to a spell my mother cast when she was pregnant with me, and me not wanting to even be touched by him caused him to fly across the room and hit the ceiling. I did not use magic. I swear to you," I said, honestly, not wanting any more punishment than I got assigned already.

"Mr. Hanson, is this true?" Mrs. Samson asked, angry at Pierce. He's always trying to hit on the girls in the room.

"No ma'am, she's just jealous of my ex's," he said with his signature f-you smirk.

Ha! All of his ex's were one night stand, bed buddies! I'm not jealous of them. Besides, I have my eye set somewhere else.

"Ms. Moon, you are relieved of your punishment for today, instead Mr. Hanson will clean ALL of the paintbrushes the hour after class lets out, WITHOUT magic. Back to work everyone. You have an hour left," she said, not buying his crap like the rest of our professors.

"You're going to pay, Moon," Pierce whispered me menacingly in my ear. He must really hate when a teacher doesn't fall for his smirk and had it out for anyone who got him into trouble.

"Pierce, unless you forgot I'm the only hybrid who is witch and werewolf. I have more powers than most witches or wizards. You'd be safer not threatening me," I spoke full voiced, loud enough for Mrs. Samson to hear, already using some of my powers when he started whispering in my ear, playing it forward to her ears.

"Mr. Hanson! You have detention for the rest of the year. Cleaning paintbrushes and the rest of the room until it sparkles and I can see my reflection on every surface. Do not threaten any of my students wether you carry through with them or not. Understood?" Mrs. Samson scared everyone in the room except for me, knowing she would blow at the sound of his threat.

"You little -"

"Don't you dare, Mr. Hanson!" Mrs. Samson raised her wand and aimed at Pierce and said, "You are banned from speaking to Ms. Tala Moon unless she allows you. Only then you will be able to talk to her. If you threaten her, or anyone else in the world, you will have that threat sent back at you ten times worse. Quod ita sit."

Pierce crumpled to the ground in a fetal position under the weight of her spell. Everyone took a few steps back as he twitched as the spell took effect.

[Yes, some of the older teachers still used wands while us younger generation figured how to turn our favorite pen/ring/necklace/item into our "wand"]

__________________________________________________________________________

The language used throughout the story for the spells is Latin. Sorry if that's going to be a bit confusing.

The image at the side is supposed to be what Tala creates for her art class.

Hope all of you loved this chapter. I loved writing it. Please comment, vote, and share if you'd like for this to be updated faster! Love you all!