Chapter Two

"Hey, Tala!" I heard behind me as I left the art building.

"Hey, Tiarna! How are you, amie (French for girl)?" I asked the brunette Australian vampire that was approaching me.

"Nothing much, but you'll never guess who I'm dating now!" She said so excited you'd think she was a teenage normal school girl.

"Hey, babe. How was class so far?" A hot guy with brown curls and green eyes walked up and put his arm around Tiarna and kissed her temple.

"Good! I'd like to introduce you to my friend. Harry, Tala. Tala, my boyfriend, Harry," she said all smiles and giggles.

"Geez, Ti, you'd think based on how you're acting you've never had a boyfriend before," a female vampire with long reddish purple hair from my music class said.

"Paris," Harry greeted her tight lipped.

"Harry, I see you've found more prey to feed on," she said looking at Jess and I like we were sirloin steaks with all the fixings.

"Um, Paris, they aren't human. Tala is a one-of-a-kind breed, werewolf-witch born; while Jessica is a witch." Tiarna said, sliding between Jess, Paris, and I.

"So, they can still be bled, can't they?" She said, slowly approaching like a tiger ready to pounce.

"Yes, we can, but if you try, it will end your life due to protection charms out parents put on us as infants. So, Paris, if you want to live, stay away from us and feed elsewhere," I told her as a softly pushed Tiarna to the side, daring Paris to attack.

"Really, your parents put protection charms on you? Like, spells? Damn, I was getting hungry and thought I could feed off of you two a little. Oh, well, guess I need to go buy a blood baggy the cafeteria sells to us vamps. See you two later. And nice job with Pierce, Tala. Finally got what he deserved. Throwing him across the room for trying to hug you like bed prey. Hahaha!" She walked away towards the cafeteria which was on the way to my next class, Magic 101.

"Paris, is it okay if I walk with you, I need some food myself. I almost overslept and forgot breakfast," I said as Paris nodded and I fell into step beside her. "See ya in Specials History, Tiarna, Jess."

•At the cafeteria•

"You seemed kinda sarcastic at the end after you stopped looking like you were going to pounce," I told Paris.

"Yeah, I have to get all my sarcasm out before I become a psychologist for Specials. They could fire me for being sarcastic towards a client," she replied in between gulps from her blood baggy that looked like a juice pouch.

"That makes sense. Why do you want to be a psychologist, if you don't mind me asking?" Wondering why she would want to do that for a living.

"Well, I've had friends going through a tough time in high school, and I always listened and gave them advice and it always helped, so it makes sense 'cause I love to help others. And it's not a job if you love what you do. Right?" She answered honestly, her golden eyes full of honesty. "You're breaking rule number 2. No enhanced vision," she told me.

"No, I'm not, Paris," I answered softly, "My eyes always look like this." I smiled, knowing why she mistook my purple eyes for enhanced vision. When a werewolf uses enhanced vision, their eye color changes.

"Really? They're pretty! I wish I had purple irises! But instead I have gold ones," she pouted.

"Paris, I wish I had golden irises because that means power in werewolf hierarchy. It means True Alpha. But it's very rare for a female to be Alpha anyway," I told some of pack truth.

"Really? Wow, maybe I was born the wrong type of Special," she giggled. "What does purple irises mean in wolf hierarchy?"

"I'm not really sure. I think I'm going to have to ask Professor Michael, he should know being Alpha of the wolves in the faculty," I told her, musing over that fact too.

"Professor Michael is hawt! And I don't mean h-o-t, hot I mean h-a-w-t, hawt! How can you stand to be within the same classroom as him?" She asked, going all hormonal single girl.

"Technically, he's older than my dad. He's old enough to be my dad's dad. Meaning he's old enough to be my grandpa. How is my grandpa hawt?" I asked, grossed out.

"Really? He's in his 60's! Wow, he ages well!" She exclaimed.

"Wolves can live for a few millennia. That's how," I told her.

"How long will you live?" She asked in a hushed, saddened tone.

"Well witches only live for a few centuries, I don't know," my voice fading.

The 10:55 bell rang, signaling my next class will start soon.

"Gotta go, Paris. See you later?" I asked walking towards Magic 101.

"Absolutely, Tala, we should work on music's next group project together!" She yelled as we raced opposite directions, both going human pace.

"Definitely! See ya next class period!" I yelled before rounding the corner to Magic's building, feeling the power vibrating off the building. Making it to my seat just as the bell rang and Rose Williams tried to run through the door. Key word, tried. An invisible, magical wall fabricated as the bell began to rang. So, like every other day, Rose bounced off the invisible wall, making sure to show Professor Blossom everyone who was truly tardy to class, even though she could perform a spell to see that.

"Late again, Ms. Williams. What are we going to do with you?" Professor Blossom asked as she removed the invisible wall so Rose could come inside.

Over half the class laughed at Rose's disheveled appearance from the trampoline effect of the invisible wall. Her clothes all twisted, her chestnut brown hair making her look like a mad women, her hazel eyes full of tears threatening to spill over and magnifying the specks of orange.

"Professor, may I say something?" I raised my hand.

"Yes, you may, Ms. Moon," Professor Blossom spoke, kindly.

"Rose was just crossing the threshold as your spell took place. Her shoe and sock came off due to it being this side of the threshold as the spell took effect. And if I may?" I gestured to the rest of the room.

"Yes, please, Ms. Moon," Professor nodded, knowing what I was about to do.

"Sicut ad Rose fiet vobis." I said waving my finger which held my favorite ring at those who snickered at Rose's appearance. They look down at themselves and gasped, seeing them looking as Rose did moments before. I turned and looked at Rose and did the same to her, but said, "Sicut tu audisti, vide paulo ante." And she went back to looking as she did, sock, shoe and all, before she hit the Professor's wall. I went up to her and hugged her and whispered, "I'll always stand up for you when you need it. Morbi ante oculos tuos. Now, you're all cleaned up." I lead her to her seat, which happened to be next to mine.

____________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter. Not a lot of excitement in that one, huh? We're getting to the real excitement. And that's only chapter two. So don't worry. We're getting there!

Picture on the side is of all the characters up to this point!

Comment, vote, and share for faster updates!