Chapter 28.

{Michael}

"Angelica... hey." I smiled as I was finally able to find her through all of the guests.

"Oh, hey Michael. What's up?" She smiled, putting her drink down.

"I just wanted to check up. How's everything?" I asked nervously, not really having a certain reason to talk to her.

"Everything is great. I've gotten better. But you should know that, considering we talked about it yesterday." She giggled.

"I know, I just wanted to talk to you that's all." I smiled brushing her hair behind her ear, causing her to blush a deep red.

We continue our small talk until I hear a slow song start to play.

"May I have this dance?" I ask lightly laughing.

She nods and we make our way to the dance floor.

Slowly she wraps her arms around my neck and I lay my hands softly on her waist.

I admire her beautiful face as she looks up at me smiling.

She pulls me closer to her and our bodies are now closer than I thought she would be comfortable with.

"Michael I have to something to tell you." She whispers.

"What is it?"

"I've been thinking. About us...."

"Oh?"

"I- I miss you Michael."

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Wait... are you saying..."

"I know this is all so sudden, but it's how I feel. Waiting to share my feelings didnt work out last time, so I'm trying to be open. Michael I want us to be together... if- if that's what you still want. I mean I know I-"

"Angelica I don't know what the hell is wrong with you."

"Woah, Michael.... I-"

She removes herself from my grip and I laugh pulling her in close and kissing her soft lips.

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with you for even thinking that I wouldn't still want to be with you. I've already told you, you have my heart in your hands."

She smiles as I continue.

"That being said, I don't want to wait like I did last time. Angelica Rodriquez, will you be my girl?"

"Of course I'll be your girl Mr. Jackson." She giggles.

"Soon you'll be Mrs.Jackson."

"I hope."

We laugh and get back to dancing.

She doesn't understand how happy she's made me.

After what feels like forever, Angelica is finally mine.

And I'll never let her go again.

♥️