Chapter 2

Keeping this in mind, I stepped forward and walked around with faux confidence until I found a place that didn't seem too crazy for me. And so began my night downtown.

----

'Babylon', read the sign on over this bar, club...thingy. It was the most appealing bar I've seen so far and it was purely because of the lack of old, greasy men drunk on beer. It was a shitty stereotype, but I didn't want to be surrounded by men like that. I've heard stories from my sisters who had been harassed by people like this and I really didn't want to put myself in that position.

Anyway, I took a deep breath and walked inside. I had shown my ID to a bouncer and after he half-heartedly checked it, he let me in. Right away, I was met with the stench of cigarettes which was definitely a down point for me. I was tempted to walk away and find a different bar but I didn't want to look weird. My ears were immediately surrounded with a repeated thump, or a beat if you will. It was kind of annoying at first and the vibrations I felt in my chest felt weird, but the more I stayed inside, the more used to it I got.

As I walked in, I noticed a swarm of men all huddled together as if they were in a can of sardines. The space felt too small for a large crowd like this and I honestly felt a little claustrophobic. But I wasn't here to chicken out, I was here to get out of my comfort zone.

So I walked around the dance floor, quite timidly, when I saw people my age sitting in a booth, laughing, completely in their own world. I felt like they were staring at me and before I could even feel self-concious, I ignored them and decided that I needed a drink.

Now, I've never been to a bar before, let alone drink alcohol, with the exception of a glass of champagne every new years, so I had no idea what to order. I was leaning against the bar and glancing up at the drinks behind the counter and trying to think of what to order.

"Can I help you?" A thick, deep British voice called out from in front of me. I jumped in my spot and held my heart as I looked at the culprit of my fright.

Standing in front of me, with a raised eyebrow and a smirk of curiosity, was the most attractive man I have ever seen in my life. His jawline was carved from God himself and his features look rough and hard. His hair was tied up into a bun, so I couldn't really see how it looked, but I'm willing to be his hair is incredibly beautiful. That smirk on his face made me think of this man as someone kind and nice and I could only imagine how serious he'd look like when he wasn't smiling. Another thing I noticed about this man were his massive biceps, cluttered with tattoos. I saw a few of them peak from his chest because of his short sleeved black shirt that was unbuttoned practically half way. But what I was really drawn to was his eyes. They were the prettiest shade of green and I could ever imagine and I was completely speechless of how attractive he was. This club was pretty dark and only had beams of colorful light flashing through, yet this bartenders eyes seemed to gleam with that beautiful emerald colour.

"W-what?" I swallowed. The man chuckled at me and it only made my stomach flutter with even more nerves.

"I asked you if you needed any help," He smiled.

I blinked, "I...uh, I wanted a d-drink, please."

"Anything in particular?" He mused.

"Oh, uh...a beer?" I said, although it came out more as a question than an actual request.

"You sure?" The man asked, already grabbing a tall glass.