Chapter 4

"Who the hell are you!?" Andy practically yelled. He looked really angry. Then it hit me, he must think I'm some crazy fan girl who sneaked on the bus. I started to explain what happened, but Ashley interrupted me and pulled Andy aside. They held a quiet, fast conversation. When it was done, they turned back to me and CC.

   "Sorry I shouted at you, Krishana. Um, from what Ashley told me, I think you should just sit and calm down. Relax!" Andy said. "I'm fine," I lied. My shoulder was burning, I was dizzy and my head was aching. I really didn't like it when people worried about me. "I'm leaving. Going home. I can't just leave my father. I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused," I said.

"No. You are not going home again. Your father is an ass, sorry, but it's true and you know it. And don't give me that bullshit about you being fine!" Ashley said angrily. I just shook my head and took a step towards the exit. As if my own body wanted to prove that I was lying, I collapsed, right into Ashley's arms. I gasped in pain and dizziness.

"C.C.! Make her shoulder stop bleeding! Now!" Ashley layed me down on the couch and C.C. approached me with the needle. By then, I was too out of it to protest. At the first prick of the needle, I passed out cold.

Ashley's POV

I couldn't believe that Krishana wanted to go back home to that bastard. Maybe she hit her head too hard. She had passed out as soon as C.C. started sewing up the gash on her shoulder. It was probably for the best, that way she wouldn't feel any pain.

I watched Krishana like a hawk. She didn't even stir when C.C. finished with her arm. She was out like a light. "She'll be fine. She just needs to rest, cause she lost a lot of blood," C.C. said. I nodded and said a quiet thanks. I ran to the bunk room and yanked my blanket off of my bunk. Returning to the couch, I sat down and pulled Krishana's head onto my lap and covered her with the blanket. I sat there for a long while, just stroking her hair. Eventually, I fell asleep.

It had been a very long night.

Krishana's POV

I opened my eyes and the first thing I noticed was that my head was in Ashley's lap. And he was asleep, his head leaning on the back of the couch. How long had I been out? I didn't really want to move, as I was surprisingly comfortable. But I jumped when Jake walked into the room.

He saw that I was awake and smiled awkwardly at me. I glanced back at Ashley. Then, ever so slowly, I sat up, careful not to wake him. Even slower, I stood up. I was slightly dizzy, but not as bad as before. Jake grabbed my arm lightly, making sure I didn't fall over. I looked back at Ashley; he looked so calm and peaceful when he was sleeping.

Jake lead me to the kitchen area and said, "Good morning. How are you feeling? No bullshit, either." I answered, "I'm feeling better, not great, but better." My stomach growled loudly. Jake grinned and asked,"What do you want to eat?"

"Um, whatever you're going to eat would be fine. I don't want to be any trouble," I said, quietly. Jake said, "Scrambled eggs and sausage it is!" I smiled.

As the smell of breakfast filled the air, I heard a voice scream somewhere in the living room area, "RISE AND SHINE, YOU LAZY ASSES!"  I jumped about a mile and whirled around. C.C. was the one who had shouted. Of course, only he would be that hyper in the morning. Only C.C. I heard more shouts coming from the bunkroom, swearing at C.C. in the voices of Jinx and Andy.

Then an even louder voice, "WHERE IS KRISHANA!" Ashley stumbled into the kitchen. He didn't turn around and see me, but instead started shouting at Jake,"Did she go home? You didn't let her go back to that SON OF A - " That's when he saw me standing there.

I put my hands on my hips and said in an icy voice, "EXCUSE me? What were you about to say about my FATHER?" Ashley froze, a look of mixed shock and shame on his face. "And about this not letting me go home thing, that ain't gonna' fly with me! He's the only family I have left and I'm NOT leaving him! So if you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving. Thanks for all the help," I brushed past Ashley and walked to the exit, fuming. But before I could leave, a figure had appeared in front of the door.

Anger clouded my vision as I saw Ashley. "You will not be going back to that sorry excuse of a father, ever," he said quietly. I was shocked and afraid. They couldn't keep me here against my will could they?

Would they?