Short Shorts

“What did you say?” I ask following behind him quickly. David was just about to answer me when Weston walked up next to us. “David!” I say again trying to get him to pay attention to me.

“What wrong?” Weston asked looking at me.

“David told me his . . . “I started to explain but then was cut off by David.

“We have to get to class, bye.” David said quickly shoving me into a gym full of boys all ranging from the ages of 16 to 18.

When I stumbled in the gym I slide down a small slope landing on all fours at the bottom, just as I did in the professor’s office earlier today. But this time it wasn’t just Weston, David and the professor, no this time there were 20 high school guys staring at me.

As I noticed their blank stares I stood up and dusted off myself as a large man walked towards me taking large strides. “What are you doing in my class?” he ordered when he was a few feet away from me.

“I-I’m in this class.” I stutter suddenly feeling self-conscious.

“Hay coach G.” David says walking in behind me. “So I see you’ve meet Sabrina, she’s your new student.” He pats my back trying to keep me calm.

When I look at him he motions to my eyes and I turn back and try to figure out a way to get out before someone else sees. “I’ve noticed everyone in here are wearing matching clothes. Is there any chance you have any extra that will fit me?” I ask quickly not looking up.

“Yes, David take her to the locker room and see if there are any that will fit her. Be sure to make sure no one is in there first.” He orders as David drags me into the boy’s locker room yelling before letting me in.

Once we were in the locker David found a pair of girl’s shorts that hit me mid-thigh and a cut off grey shirt that just barley raised above my belly button. “This is really what you want me to wear?” I ask stepping out of the stall.

“Well I’m not complaining.” David said handing me a pair of running shoes.

“I have my own.” I say putting on my black workout Nikes.

I walked out of the locker room while pulling my long hair up into a pony tail. It wasn’t till I looked up that I noticed all the guys staring at me again. It was as if they had never seen a girl before. From what I’ve seen I think this is going to my favorite call so far.