Threats Riding the Waves

Yes, I know Robert is from The Royals on E!  But I admit, I'm doing a multi-crossover fic, unless you want me to stop. Just message me or put something as a comments. But I will promise you things are about to get extremely interesting.

La Serenissima Regina Isabella de Miromara was an impressive sight.

Perhaps, there was something about me being the youngest and the least pressured to be the perfect princess and heiress that I am okay and able to adapt to the fact that my mother can go from Mother mode to regina all of a sudden. In times like this, I felt a squirming, terrible guilt. Sera had it much, much harder than me.

But my mother was currently in the formal stateroom of the palace, where the throne was kept.

She was dressed in a gown of sea-silk that shimmered and glowed like mother-of-pearl. Her pearl necklace was linked with gold and held a medallion pendant struck in gold of her mother, Regina Artemisia and her grandmother, Isolda, and our ancestress Merrow over the symbol of Miromara: a coral branch. Her bracelet had the onyx cameo pendant of Serafina, Desiderio and myself. This symbolised the great past and possibly great future of Miromara's dynasty, the Merrovingia. The gown was intricately embroidered in silver thread at the border, and the crown of Merrow stood straight on her head.

I frowned. Is this a formal ceremony? If so I wasn't aware.

Then I noticed the cuirass my mother wore: blue abalone shells fused together, and the bracelet was really a metal band of gold. Her dress was part ceremonial and part military. Adorned with medallions as well as orders, my mother was regal, majestic and impressive beyond belief.

The stateroom itself was designed to make people gasp in awe and amazement. Its walls were made of mother-of-pearl, adorned with tall pietra dura panels made out of amber, quartz, lapis and malachite depicting the various reginas of Miromara. There were at least twenty blown-glass chandeliers filled with countless miniature lava globes, illuminating the room with their shining brilliance. The regina's throne sits on a high amethyst dais and the wall behind it is covered in mirror glass, costly for the underwater realm- it was harder to come by than jewels, clearly, even if the whole palace wasn't built from it.

Sure enough the whole room was filled with various dignitaries, ministers and representatives from all over Miromara. Standing at attention near Mum was Mehterbaşi, the head of Janiçari guards from the coast of Turkey.

My eyes sharpened.

I tried to put off thinking about Robert at this current moment.

Whatever this was, this was serious.

I craned in to hear my mother speak:

"As you all know, the terragoggs have had a new menace: and his name is Rafe Mfeme. Already his name is being known throughout the mer realms." Regina Isabella announced.

"This, worst of the terragoggs, has countless trawlers with nets, hooks and everything which sweep to the bottom of the ocean floor, sweeping everything in its path: farms, settlements, animals and crops. Livelihoods have been destroyed, worst yet, lives have been lost. Just three days ago, we have had word that a few families in a village in the Aegean have been crushed under their homes by the trawlers." Isabella announced.

Shocked, horrified whispers echoed throughout the stateroom.

Isabella allowed them a minute or two to calm themselves down, before holding out her hands.

"The news is grave, but graver still is the fact that if this were another mer realm we would be able to retaliate or negotiate in diplomacy," Isabella began. "But this is the human world. How can we negotiate with terragoggs, or risk open war with them."