What's Going On?

Chapter 10

So yeah. I am soo sorry that I didn't upload for like a lifetime I feel bad about that. But I really love all the people who have fanned me & voted & commented on my story, I always did like a small happy dance when I saw that I got comments & stuff :D Lol. Any who, I was having such a hard time writing this chapter so sorry if it kind of sucks lol but yeah please vote & comment please! And fan!

************************

Looking at Dr.Hank McCoy, and Professor Xavier I started laughing uncontrollably.

"This has got to be some type of joke right?"

Looking around, I saw no one laughing along with me. This of course got me to wipe my smile off my face immediately.

"I can't.. There's no way..."

Shock over took me completely.

Dr.Hank McCoy was the first one to speak.

"I understand that this must be a lot to take in at the moment, and if it weren't for this being an important matter, we would have waited a bit longer to let you know. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, and we need you now."

Though Hank seemed like a really nice person, I couldn't help but get irritated with how calm he was talking about all of this.

"What important matter?!"

"Easy cherié, just take a deep breath and let it out slowly ok? I'm here so relax."

Nodding at Gambit I slowly started calming down as, he slowly started rubbing my back with one hand while the other grabbed hold of my hand.

"You're right, I'm sorry Dr.McCoy. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. It's just that, I feel like I'm not yet ready for all of this yet. I'm only seventeen and, I could barely take care of myself when I was on my own for peace sakes!"

"No one is asking for you to take over the company at this exact moment cherié. But I believe that you can do a great job at running it."

"Is there any other person that can take over besides me?"

Looking at Hank, I waited for him to answer me, but he seemed to be indecisive about something.

"Yes there is... Mr.Worthington and his son could manage the lab if you wished."

If I let them take over my parent's years of hard work I'll, never forgive myself. But at the same time I'm, not exactly smart enough to run an important company/lab.

Sure I've always wanted to be some type of doctor but, I never gave it much thought after I ran away.

"How long do I have before I have to make my final decision on all of this?" I asked.

"Not long, a week or two at the most." Dr.McCoy answered.

"Did my parent's ever schedule a date to when the cure was going to be given to anyone??"

"No."

Nodding my head I slowly stood up making way to the door.

"I'm going for a walk."

Not waiting for a reply I opened the door and left. I wasn't really paying attention to where I was walking to, all I knew is that I need to be alone to clear my head.

Before I knew it, I reached the outdoor pool they had. Looking up at the sky the sun was slowly setting. Wow, what felt like minutes was actually an hour. So now here I stand completely alone in the dark with only the moon as my light.

Without thinking I jumped into the now cold pool. Somehow, being underwater always made me clear my mind. Having the ability to block things with my mind, I was able to create a bubble around my head so I could breath.

The pool was pretty deep so my toes were touching the ground. Not long after I had jumped in I saw someone dive in. I couldn't really make out who it was. All the the bubbles from the person that had dived in we're surrounding me.

Soon enough i saw a large hand reach for me. Grabbing hold of my arm I now tried to get him to release me.

Having to struggle with getting the person to release me I, lost concentration on my powers, making me loose all of my air supply. Not struggling anymore with him I, let him pull me to the surface.

As soon as I reached the surface I swam to the edge of the pool holding on. My lungs felt like they were burning as, I was trying to cough up all the water that had filled my lungs.

Again I felt someone grab a hold of me. Who ever the guy was he pulled me out of the pool and let me rest by the pool edge.

"Are you ok?" His voice sounded raspy. I suppose it was from the loss of air and water inside him. Still, I didn't look up to see who that voice belonged to.

"Are you ok?" he repeated louder.

"I'm fine!" Snapping at him.

"Good, now that we got that settled. What the hell were you thinking?! Do you think so little of your life to just end it by drowning!"

How dare he! Finally looking up at him, I gave him my best death glare.

"Excuse me?! I never asked for you to pull me out! I was perfectly fine."

"You call drowning yourself fine!?"

"Who said I was drowning? Did you even think about me having powers to breath underwater?!"

Getting up I started making my way back inside but, not before I slipped and collided with the ground.

What the puck!? I most-likely just made myself look like an idiot.

Standing up slowly I brushed my hair out of my face and started walking again to my destination.

"Where do you think you're going?!" I heard him ask behind me.

"Non of your damn business!"

With each step I took I got angrier and colder. But by the time I reached my dorm I was shivering.

Trying to make the least noise as possible as I slowly and carefully opened the door. Looking over to Kitty's bed I noticed she wasn't there. Taking a breath of relief, I was sort of happy she wasn't here. Explaining to her what happened today would of giving me a bigger headache now that I noticed.

Half an hour later I was now tucked all the way in my bed with my covers up to my chin. The hot shower had brushed away all the coldness out of me, I didn't need to be getting sick now.

My body and brain were completely exhausted with all of today's events. But the last thing that popped into my head was the memory of the guy shouting at me.

Asswhole.

******

I'm sorry it's really short but I'm already working on the next chapter so keep an eye on it this week (: