Dr.Hank McCoy

Chapter 9

First of I'd like to say how REALLY SORRY I am for not uploading like I said I would. Now that my tennis season is finally over & I got nothing important going on I'm going to try and upload as much as I can, if I start taking too long on uploading please let me know :). Most characters do not belong to me they belong to the marvel comics & Stan lee. So back to the story!

"Okay Gambit I can't take anymore of this exercise, I am mentally and physically exhausted."

Placing my hands on my knees, I tried catching my breath and rearranging my mind.

Gambit looked down at me with an amused expression. Opening his mouth about to say something I heard someone snort. Looking at Gambit's left side I noticed Logan standing there unimpressed.

"You think this is hard? This is nothing we're just getting warmed up. The real exercise is just about to begin. So I suggest you take a deep breath and suck it up."

Who does this guy think he is standing there looking all tough an talking to me that way? Trying not to look surprised I was about to say the two words that would surely end up killing me.

"Bring it."

15 minutes later

"Come on Dianna block them! Watch for what's coming your way!"

What I really wanted to do instead of blocking what the machines were throwing on me was to go over to Logan and shut him up with a fireball that's what I wanted to do.

My breathing was coming in heavy but I tried not to let it show.

Gambit was mostly standing next to Logan, telling my classmates what type of footwork would be best for each counter attack coming their way.

Let me tell you all of this exercise was not pretty at all. At one point I ended up tripping on my feet and falling face first on the hard ground. Because of that I now have a medium size bruise on the right side of my forehead.

What was worse was that if anyone had more than one special ability Logan pushed us even more harder which was hell.

"Dianna shield me!"

I looked at Rachel giving her a confused expression. She pointed to the machine that no one so far was able to destroy. Rachel only had one special ability and it was similar to Gambit's, which was whatever she touched could blow up.

Clearing my mind I outstretched my hands so they could help me guide to where my shield should be headed to. Once I felt that I had Rachel wrapped with my force field I slowly pushed her towards the machine. Startled she started looking behind her.

"Rachel go!"

Looking at me she nodded advancing towards the machine. The closer she got to the machine the more the machine started attacking her. It was getting difficult for me to keep the shield steady and strong

The longer she took trying to destroy the machine the more I started to feel like if small needles were prickling me. The prickling started creeping all thru my body, at first it felt funny but now, now it was just starting to get uncomfortable.

"Rachel destroy it now!"

"I'm trying to! I can't touch the machine without getting my hand chopped off!"

My head started to slowly pound and I didn't like it.

"Dianna can you outstretch the shield more?!"

"I'll try!"

"When I touch the machine just un-shield the bottom part of my hand okay???"

This was going to be difficult.