Don't let me fall

"Why don't you trust me?" He asked looking into my eyes. His bottom lip trembled a little, and his eyebrows scrunched together. I wanted to lean over and smooth them out, and to just kiss him. I had to control myself though, that wasn't why I was here.

"I do trust you." I mumbled looking at anything but him. I could hear him sigh softly, his hand touched my shoulder gently and warily.

"Then why don't you take the chance, jump, fall, and I'll be there." I looked at him, I didn't feel like we were talking about my fear of heights anymore. 

I licked my dry lips, my heart beat faster, and I struggled for breath. 

"What if you don't catch me?"

Violet has had a fear of heights for as long as she could remember.

It started when she was five years old, it was an accident. Her brother was there, the wrong place at the wrong time. His family had been hiking in the mountains for what felt like hours they were all tired, dehydrated, her brother was the one that came up with the idea of going down a bit further where there was a bit of shade that would cool them all off. 

His parents and her were too tired to move so they stayed behind and her brother walked off alone. As he walked down his foot slipped, he toppled over, and fell. Hundreds of feet to the ground, where he just lay there, motionless, never to move again.

Ever since then Violet has not wanted to get her feet off of the ground. She panics if she goes on an elevator, a plane, and even just stairs. Which makes it a problem when her parents move to Boston Massachusetts, to a four story house, and where her school has three floors.

She can't do it, she can't.

It all gets harder for Violet when Damon takes an interest in her.

Damon is the typical bad boy, with the leather jacket, motorcycle, and the stories that would make you ask why he wasn't in jail.

At first it's just playful teasing, he finds it hysterical that a teenage girl can't walk up a flight of stairs without being on the verge of tears, but once he really gets to know her things start to change.

Damon is on a mission, he wants Violet to get over her fear.

But is it possible?

And is Violet's only fear falling to the ground? Or falling for him?