Part 6

"Oh shit, she's your mate," Dinah whispered, staring at Camila, who looked broken.

Dinah took another step back, shocked at the realization and the words that had left her mouth.

Camila didn't answer, but she looked up at Dinah.

"Why didn't you say anything? Why haven't you done anything? Do you know what you are doing to her?"

"She can't be with me. She hates me," Camila whispered.

"And whose fault is that?"

-

Lauren was walking to class. She was slightly worried as she walked, she didn't want to have another encounter with Camila. She didn't to, but she was scared of Camila.

"No, don't," she heard a boy whisper front the supply closet in front of her.

Lauren didn't move, she just stared, as she listened.

"Not that. Listen to me, c'mon," she heard. Her curiosity getting the better of her, she opened the door, and found a guy sitting in the middle of the room, with a Gameboy Advance in his hands.

"Don't do this to me! C'mon Poochyena, you can beat him," he muttered, not noticing the girl in front of him.

Lauren grinned, as she watched him get lost in the game in front of him. She shook her head and looked at him. She cleared her throat, causing the boy to shoot up and hide his Gameboy in his backpack.

"Poochyena, huh? Who are you fighting?" Lauren asked, as she leaned against the doorframe.

"Roxanne," he answered, as he grinned at the dark haired girl.

"Who else do you have?" she questioned, as sat down next to him as he showed her his Pokémon.

"I'm Luis Santos," he said, introducing himself, with a grin.

"I'm Lauren," she started, but was interrupted by the other boy.

"Jauregui, I know. Everyone knows about you."

Lauren nodded, as she watched the students walk by, and stare at the two teens.

"Want to meet up at Starbucks? You and I have a lot to talk about. My girlfriend does not know about this, and it is pretty saddening that I cant have a proper battle with anyone," he said, frowning.

"You're on," she answered, grinning at her first human friend. They went their own ways.

Camila stood near, as she watched her mate walk away, a little happiness in her. Camila hated herself for what she did, but Lauren would stay away from her, and that made it a little better.

-

"You're going to help us?" Lucy asked, as she watched the two vampires.

Dinah nodded. "I'm not doing this for Camila. Lauren is getting the blunt of this. She feel empty, and she does not even know why."

"You never explained it?" Shawn asked, frowning. "Will explained it to me when he was raising me."

"No, we never assumed she would have a mate, a vampire mate while she was human," Normani answered.

The other vampires nodded. The bell rang and they all headed to their classes. Dinah and Normani stayed behind.

"I never wanted Lauren to get tied up with this, not until she was changed, not after him," Dinah muttered, glaring at the red of the curtains on the stage.

"If she even changes. I don't know what she wants anymore. She used to be so easy to read, but now she has all these walls keeps us out," Normani told her, as she pulled up her mate.