Part 2

Lauren got her first and only boyfriend when she was fifteen. She went to school with her mothers, although she posed as Dinah's cousin.

Brad Simpson. He was a seventeen-year-old exchange student, but he was also a thirty-five year old vampire. He courted Lauren, after getting permission from Dinah and Normani. The whole school knew that Dinah was overprotective of Lauren. There wasn't a guy, or girl, brave enough to try and get close to Lauren, because they were scared of what Dinah would do. Brad was the first one to ask Lauren out, and the last one. After secrets from Brad and Lauren's relationship were revealed, Dinah and Normani never let Lauren date. They left town, and compelled Lauren to forget about what had happened, even though she did dream about it, without knowing why.

The relationship caused the two vampires to become even more protective of the human, especially around other vampires. They moved around a lot. They tried to move to places without vampires. They decided to move back to Miami, Florida. It was all their homes at one point.

Lauren looked at the school in front of her. She was nervous about going to a new school. She could feel Normani and Dinah watching her. She smiled at them before staring at the students that were entering the school. She didn't want to go to school. She was tired of being the new student. She was tired of not being able to get close to people. She knew Normani and Dinah were just trying to keep the disguise, but it was tiring. There were moments like these that she wished they were a normal family.

"Are you okay?" Normani asked, studying her adopted daughter.

Lauren nodded as she twirled the gold stone around her neck. It was the most valuable thing from her mother. It was one of the last things she had of her parents, the necklace and their wedding rings. She sighed, before releasing her arms on her sides. She gave her adopted parent a small smile. "Let's go."

Normani and Dinah shared a look, before following their daughter into the school. They headed towards the office. All the students watched them walk. Dinah growled when she saw the teenage boys stare at her daughter. If it weren't for Normani, she would have ripped them a new one.

Normani smiled at the secretary, introducing the three of them. "Hello, I'm Normani Kordei, this is Lauren Jauregui, and Dinah Hansen. We are the new students, and we are here to pick up our paperwork."

The secretary told the three to go to the principle's office, and that he will have someone show them around. They entered, and both vampires were hit by a scent of another one. Dinah let out a growl, as she glared at the vampire in front of them. Lauren moved to stand behind them, not trusting any vampire except her own family.

The brunette in front of them just stood there, her eyes wide. She was not expecting to meet the new students.

"Ah, Miss Kordei, Miss Jauregui, and Miss Hansen. It's great to have you choose our school. We hope you enjoy your time here. Miss Vives will show you your lockers, your classrooms, and will answer any questions you may have," Mr. Cowell told them, not taking notice of the tension between the girls.

"Thank you," Normani answered, her voice strained. She gave him a tight smile, and rushed out, pushing Lauren in front of her. Dinah kept an eye on Lucy, as she followed her mate and daughter.

The halls were empty. Lucy, Dinah, Normani, and Lauren were the only ones in the hall. Dinah turned around and slammed Lucy's body against the lockers behind her. Normani pushed Lauren behind her, trying to keep her hidden.

"How many of you are there?" Dinah snarled, her voice full of anger. She wanted Lauren to be safe, but her daughter couldn't be safe if there were other vampires around.