I'm Lazy, Okay?

A/N: I wrote this as a lams oneshot on my other account, but I've realised it's gonna take quite a while to finish the oneshots I'm currently writing here for solangelo, so I've changed the names and I'm posting it here. (If you see the names Alexander, John, Eliza or Phillip, that's why. I think the characterisation is still okay, though; both Will and Hamilton are like over-excited puppies.)

I'm also gonna do this for a frerard oneshot I've written too (though I might make it a bit more family-friendly...)

"Oh god. Oh god. What if something goes wrong?" Will clutches my hands desperately, eyes wide with fear. "I'm going to be a father, Nico!"
"I know, Will. I am, too." I smile. "We both are."

He grins at me like a child, then worry clouds his face again. His vice-like grip on my hands loosens, so I entwine our fingers and kiss his hand.
"Everything is fine, Will." I reassure him.

"Excuse me, are you here for Reyna Ramirez-Arellano?" A nurse asks us.
"Yes." I nod. Reyna, my best friend, is our surrogate. She beckons us to follow her. Will's grip on my hand tightens again, but I smile at him reassuringly.

"Everything is fine." I repeat.
"I just..."
"I know. It's okay."

We're led into a room containing a few beds. The nurse takes us to the bed at the back of the room, beside a window. Reyna is sitting upright, holding a baby. Our baby. My breath catches in my throat.

Looking up, Reyna smiles at us.
"It's quite clear who's genetics your daughter has." She says as we approach. Will's grip tightens painfully as his face lights up.
"Daughter! Our daughter! I have a daughter!" He babbles, grabbing my shoulders and beaming at me. "I'm a father, Nico!"
"Yes, Will." I laugh softly. "You are."

He lets go of me and goes to Reyna's side. I follow suit.
"Can... Can I hold her?" He asks tentatively.
"Of course." She carefully hands him the baby, and I finally get a good look at her. She's either asleep or very well behaved, with Will's skin tone and freckles across her nose. If she takes after Will, more will appear in time.

My husband's breathing is irregular, and I look up with concern to see him smiling down at her, tears in his eyes.
"I'm a father." He repeats. Reyna laughs.
"Yes, Will. You are. You've been saying that since I got pregnant."
"But look at her." He grins. "Look at my daughter! She's incredible!" He turns his smile to me, eyes shining with tears. "I'm so proud of her."

The baby stirs, yawning and making some sort of noise. Will's breathing hitches as he looks down in worry.
"She's fine, Will." I reassure him.
"Did I wake her? Am I doing something wrong?"
"No, you're doing fine." Reyna smiles.

She opens his eyes and Will's smile grows. I briefly wonder how much bigger it can get.
"Oh, look at her, Nico..." He breathes. Her eyes are dark, dark brown, like Reyna's. Like mine, too, though she can't have my genetics, as she clearly has Will's.

"What are you gonna name her?" Reyna asks, leaning back with a sigh.
"We were thinking of naming her Bianca." I tell her. She smiles.
"Like your sister?" I nod. Bianca makes a high noise that sounds like an agreement and Will sighs softly.

"I'll do whatever it takes, Bianca. I promise. I'll do anything for you. You're..." He sighs wistfully, speaks softly, hardly above a whisper. "I never thought I would actually get this far. I never thought I would- could feel this much love."

"Aw." Reyna, usually so indifferent and cynical, coos as I kiss him on the cheek, smiling. All we seem to be doing is smiling, though I'm not complaining.

"My daughter." Will repeats, almost reverently. Like he's trying to convince himself.
"Yes." I smile he looks up at me, an expression of wonder on his face. I imagine I have a similar expression on mine.

"Our daughter." I nod, and he beams at me, letting out a soft laugh. "Our daughter..."