Chapter 10- Proud to be a rogue and Surprising news

OK guys. Sorry this chapter is like only on page long and sorry it took a while to upload. I have really bad writers block to the point where I'm struggling with every word, so if you aould bare with me. If you have any ideas for potenital chapters I wouldn't turn away from that. But just so you people know, I do know how this story is going to end, I just don't know what to say to get to that point.

Thanks, and sorry again!

The Rogue and The Prince

Chapter 10- Proud to be a rogue and Surprising news

I had to shake my head at Ian. He really hadn't figured out that I was the leader. I know I never gave him that many clues, but was it so hard to believe that a woman was the leader he was looking for?

"So where is this leader of yours?" I looked up at his face, " I really need to speak to him if that is alright." Wow. Still thought it was a male. Maybe it was just me being a woman and all that, but I kind of found that offensive.

"Mouse?" He brought me out of my trance. Wait, Mouse? Oh, he's talking about when I used that as my fake name.

"First things, first," I pulled a small chest up to the table, to sit down. "My rogue name is not 'Mouse', it's Archer and secondly I am the leader you are looking for."

I let that sink in as I brought my gaze to the map on the small chest that was acting like a table for the time being. Making small adjustments with a quill pen, I marked spots for potential camps and hideouts. Laughing brought me out of my trance, making me look up at the prince. He was laughing hysterically and after a couple moments, composed himself.

"Got it all out of your system?" I questioned as I looked at him. He chuckled and bobbed his head up and down. "Good, because I was being serious."

"How is that possible? I mean, your a woman. It just isn't heard of to have a lady as a leader of a group of men like this." He calmed down and kept his intense gaze upon me.

"I worked for this position. I'm sure you have heard of the rumors of the infamous Archer, who no one could beat. Oh, and just so you know, I'm no lady, at least not the kind you are referring to, and I couldn't be happier." I brought on edge of my lips up into a smirk.

"What are you talking about? I saw you at the ball, you were the one in the blue dress. And don't go and deny it either." He added when he saw my mouth open.

"I wasn't. I just wanted to say that, that wasn't the reason we were at the ball. We were there for-" I cut myself off just in time to remember that he wasn't one of us, even though he wanted to be. "Anyway my point is that I am glad to be a rotten, sneaky rogue. It shows how I feel about the crown and what it has done to my beloved Renatia." I looked back to my map and marked another potential hideout.

"Well that's why I'm here, to rid the kingdom of the crown." At this I snapped my head up and bore my gaze onto him. Then I burst out laughing.

Very unladylike might I add.

"You do realize you just said that you wanted to get rid of yourself, right? And your father, can't forget him." I snorted and looked back to my papers.

"But I do want to get rid of my father though, that's why I came all this way looking for you, so I could stop him and take him away from the crown." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Or so you could have the crown for yourself," I stood up and walked around the large chest, leaning on it. He looked baffled, "look, all I'm saying is that you could have followed me out here to get us to help you, only so you could take the throne and make an even bigger mess that daddy dearest did."

"Well, I'm not alright. You'll just have to take my word for it." He looked like he was hiding something. Which he obviously was.

Ian's POV

I prayed that she would take that as an acceptable answer to get myself into her little group. It still stunned me that a woman could be the leader of a bandit group. And Archer no less.

"Well, I'm sorry Prince Ian but out here, your word doesn't mean anything," she said crashing my hope's of keeping my secret.

"What if I can prove that I have a legit reason to hate my father and want him off of the throne? Would you accept my offer then?" I pleaded with the blue-eyed, blonde woman in front of me.

She looked at me for a moment then slowly nodded. I took a deep breath. My mind raced back to the letter I had found. Back to all of the happy memories of my mother, father and I as a child. Back to the days before Renatia and even some after that. Back to a time where everything was simple and easy and didn't have any restrictions.

I wanted to be back there; safe and loved. What I didn't want was to be here, now, in this horrid time. But since I was I knew I had to say what I hoped would change the outcome of this country as we knew it.

The five words that would get me into a revolution, "my father murdered my mother."

******************

BAM! Bet you didn't expect that one did you? Anywho sorry it's extremely short and sucks, like, big time, but I have a lot going on right now. Plus I have writers block so that doesn't help at ALL. But anyways it may be a while till the next upload seeing how I'm about to go on vacation for break. So please bare with me! Just know that I will try to write an awesome next chapter that is long and full of juicy details.

love ya'll

-Wildthang80