Chapter 4- Gypsies and Chases

The Rogue and The Prince

Chapter 4-Gypsies and Chases

This is formally dedicated to LoneMusician because she is an awesome author and I am reading her beyond cool book! Keep writing!

This is also dedicated to all of you who are reading and those of you who have voted and what not!! Thanks to you guys, and as a present I am making this chappie with Ian along with Archer!

Enjoy-

 FRANCE

MAY, 1576

Ian’s P.O.V.

I paced back and forth in my office. My mind was running a mile a minute, trying to figure out how all of the rogues escaped. They obviously got hold of the keys, but what dumbfounded me was how they got the keys. My head was throbbing with all of the things I was trying to process at one time. But while going over everything that happened that day and what I was told, one thing kept standing out to me though. Or should I say someone; the woman who called herself, Mouse.

It all made sense now. She was the only one who I had seen that day, and she was the only woman here, so that means she was the one to get that guard drunk. I walked out of my office door with determination in my eyes; I was going to get that rogue if it was the last thing I did.

---- 

After talking with Robert, it was decided that we would go after that rogue in about 2 weeks. We would take a small group into the forest.

Just to make things clear, we were going to all of this trouble, because we knew that she was clever and could probably be a danger to us.

Anyway, back on track. We had to wait (much to my dismay) because of a certain couple of rogues who stole all of our horses. On our trip to the forest, I was also hoping to get some more information about the famous Archer, who the rogues often referred to as their leader in their fight against our kingdom. They also called her the one who will give them a victory, or their Victor. It was rather silly in my opinion, for there was no war and there was no way that they could win one if there was. That was also part of my job description; to capture rogues so that there wouldn’t be an uprising. At least that is what my father said to me when he gave me this position.

Personally, though, I disagree. Not that I think his intentions are out of line but, I just think that the whole ‘rogue catching’, is only making them madder. I have voiced my opinion to my old man, but he assures me that, that wasn’t the case. So what do I know, he is a king, and a darn good one at that. My father has always believed in peace and has done everything in his power to uphold it. In fact that is the very reason he is king. This kingdom used to be ruled by a very vicious man, named King Phillips who was consumed by greed, until my father came and fought for the people here. But some of the loyal people did not like that so they fled into the woods and plotted their revenge. That was about the time the rogues were first originated. That was the story that my father told me when I was little. That was also how my mother was killed; by the rogues.

I guess that is also why I wanted this position, so I could take the rogues to justice and change their ways.

I walked up the steps to a one of my favorite towers and looked out still thinking about all that was happening. This particular tower overlooked the kingdom so that I could see everything. Screaming brought me out of my trance and I looked down started at what I saw. A man was being removed from his home and he was struggling against the guard’s powerful hold. I was about to run and help the poor man, when I changed my mind. He must be a rogue, I thought to myself. Yes that is why. He must be an