Chapter 4- Awaken

I wake up, but keep my eyes closed. My back burns, really bad. It feels like it's on fire. I listen and feel wetness on my forehead. I open my eyes to find the girl with brown hair sitting by me. She is wiping  my forehead with a wet rag. She smiles faintly when she realizes I'm awake.

"I have treated your wounds. So you don't have to worry." She says. I nod.

"Thank you." I tell her. She blushes as to say your welcome.

"You didn't have to take my place." She says and looks at the ground. I look at her with gray eyes.

"I had to. You didn't deserve it." She keeps looking at the ground in silence.

"What's your name?" I ask her. She mumbles something that I can't hear. I raise my eyebrows.

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear that." I tell her.

"Ai." She tells me. I smile. My eyes flash green and my tattoos around my eyes (red, orange, yellow, gold come out from the corner of my eyes in swirls) flash.

"That's a pretty name...love I believe?" I smile. She nods.

"What does your name mean?" Ai asks.

"Hisae means eternal blessing. And my last name, Hokami, means fire god." Ai smiles brightly.

"Eternal blessing. I like it." Ai says. I smirk.

"Doesn't mean much, at least not to my mother. My father named me." I tell Ai. I start to get up, but Ai pushes me down.

"No Hisae. Rest." Ai tells me, but I shake my head.

"No. I need to get up." Ai nods and looks sad.

"Will I ever see you again?" Ai asks. I look at her. She knows we will see each other, but I know what she means. I put my hand on her shoulder.
"I shall try, Ai." I say. She nods and smiles faintly. I smile back, and stand up. Ai stands up as well. I only stand a little taller than her waist. Ai looks down at me, and I look up at her.

"Hisae? You have a young body, but an old soul." I smile.
"Thank you, Ai. I shall forever remember your kindness and compassion." I wrap my arms around her waist. She stands there stunned, not knowing what to do. But then she hugs my back. I smile once more, my eyes green. We stand there for a moment, but then I break the hug. I take a few steps back, and wave to Ai. She waves back.

"Goodbye Ai." I say.

"Goodbye Hisae." Ai tells me. I turn around and walk to the door. I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and lock my emotions up. I open my gray eyes. I walk out.

F.F.

(still) Hisae's P.O.V.

I'm in the sitting room sipping some white blueberry tea. Yum. I mentally laugh. I think I have an addiction to tea. It's just so yummy! I get really grumpy if I don't have tea. I take a deep breath, breathing the aroma of the tea, and let it through my mouth. I take another sip, and think of father. I think I get it from him. He always had a cup of tea in his hand. I mentally smile. I'll visit you one of these days, father. I take another sip. Yum. I hear someone come in. I look over my cup to see who it is. I throw up a little bit in my mouth. Eww, it's Soubi. Please someone come along and burn me to death. I look at the tall, lanky, young man. His long, thin, blond hair falls to his shoulders. His icy blue eyes flash behind his glasses.  

"Hisae...." His cool voice rolls smoothly over his tongue. I shiver.

"Yes baka (fool)?" He glares at me.

"I guess that whipping didn't teach you anything." Soubi says. I smile sweetly.

"I'm sorry Soubi. I'm just stating facts." I tell him. He snarls.

"Bitch." Soubi calls me. I smile again.

"Woof. Woof!" I laugh. He snarls at me. I raise my eyebrows.

"Soubi, I believe we have the roles reversed. I think you are the female dog here." I smirk. Soubi clinches his fist over and over again trying to control his anger.

"Soubi, would you calm down. I'm just playing around." Soubi stares at me.

"I don't "play" around, Hisae." Soubi tells me. I smirk again.

"Yeah you do. You play fetch remember?" I grab a newspaper that is laying on the table, and throw it at him. It hits him in the face.

"Grr!" He controls himself.

"Hisae. I've been hearing rumors." I pretend not to listen. and sip my tea.

"About your dad." I take another sip.

"I heard he was trying to kill Kurami and that's why Kurami killed him. All he was, was a coward!" By this point I'm shaking and when Soubi gets done talking my eyes turn fire. I stand up and point my finger at him.

"YOU WILL NOT DISGRACE MY FATHER! YOU SHALL PAY!!!" I throw my cup of tea at him, but he dodges it. I launch myself at him and wrap my small hands around his neck. My hair is floating all around me like it has a mind of its own, as if it was fire. My tattoos are glowing and so are my eyes. I can see the reflection on Soubi's face, as well as the fear. He rips me off him and throws me to the ground. I stand back up and look at him.

"You shall burn." I fling my arms out beside me and flames erupt from my elbows down to my palms. Soubi stands there in shock.

"The last thing you will see are my eyes." A voice creeps out from nowhere. It takes me a moment to realize that it was mine. I smile evily and start running toward him-

F.F.

I stand there looking down at the charred body of Soubi. My eyes yellow. Did i do...."that?" I back up slowly, turn, and run to my room. I grab the pack with my clothes in it. I go to the wall, whisper the words, and pull 4 items that belonged to my father. I shove them in my pack. I run out and start to the door. Ai! I turn back and run to the worker's room. I see Ai laying down. I rush over to her. She stands up.

"Ai. I did something bad and I'm running away. Do you want to come with me?" I ask her quickly. Her eyes widen.

"Ye-. No. I can't leave my mother. I'm sorry. I will miss you Hisae." I nod.

"I will miss you too." I grab her hands and pull her down. I kiss both of her cheeks. I whisper softly, my eyes blue.

"May you be protected and unharmed. I hope to see you my friend." I take a deep breath.

"I love you Ai." I run out of the house and through the village. A loud voice rings out through the whole village. Kurami's voice.

"HISAE HOKAMI, YOU ARE BANNED FROM THE VILLAGE OF FIRE!!! IF YOU SHALL CROSS ONE FOOT HERE OR WE SHALL CROSS PATHS I WILL KILL YOU!!!!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

DONE!!!! Hope you like it. I like the ending...part of it. I will miss writing about Ai. Comment. Vote. Do something!!! ;D