Chapter 2- Eyes

I walk out to go get breakfast. I sit down at the huge table in our sitting room. The yelling got louder.

"....whiped tomorrow if you don't stop taking our food!!" I sigh. The chef "worker" walks in with a plate. He sits it down in front of me. My mother walks in the sitting room. The chef asks me if I want anything else. I cough and look at him. "Tea, please." He nods and walks out. I start eatting and Kumai sits down and snaps her fingers. The chef comes running in, whincing with pain.

"Kurami, please don't hurt him." I tell her.

"Hisae! Stay out of this!" I don't say anything and my mother glares at me.

"Sit up straight! Your heir to this village not a slob!" I don't move expect conutine eatting. My mother stands up suddenly and snaps her fingers again. I gasp and double over. My eyes flash fire for a moment, but I control it and my eyes go back to gray. I look into my mother's eyes, grayier than mine.

"You will not disobey me ever again." I nod and Kurami walk over to me. She stands behind me and begins playing with my curly red and orange hair, just like hers. I look just like her execpt younger. We both had color changing eyes depending on our mood. Kurami has no emotions, so her eyes remain gray. If I get aggervated my eyes will turn maroon, bored = gray, scared, nervous = yellow, sad = blue, happy = green, and pink if I find my "soulmate". I don't think its possible, because my mother never had pink eyes. If she did for my father, well how can you kill your "soulmate". Plus if my eyes turn fire-y, you better run, because I might get so pissed, I'll probably kill you.

"Kurami?" I ask. She sighs.

"I wish you would call me mother or mom or something, but what?" She says. I take a deep breath.

"I'm thinking of leaving the village to become a ninja...." I trail off. She gasps.

"NEVER SPEAK OF "NINJAS"!!! IF YOU LEAVE YOU SHALL BE BANISHED....AND I'LL BE THE ONE WHO HAS THE HONOR OF DOING IT!!!!" I crumple under the power of her words. She leaves me and I sit there shaking. The chef runs over to comfort me. I shoo him away.

"Can I have that tea now?" He nods and walks away. I sit there waiting. He comes back with a cup of tea. I send him away and sit there sipping my tea, thinking when to run away......