You Owe Me Sis

My fist collided with the bag mercilessly. Boom,pow,smack. My now red and bloody hand made contact with the bag at a steady rythm,nonstop,as I ignored the pain,my thoughts wandering. I probably should have put on the boxxing gloves.Then again where was the fun in that,I thought,as I no doubt felt the skin on my hand peel more.

I was getting soft. Four years of slacking had set my body back.If I ever had the hope of avenging my sister,I couldn't do it by sitting down and gaining weight.

     I-punch-would-kick-avenge-kick-her,I thought evily as my foot made contact with the bag one more time at the sound of my thoughts.

My sister,my sister,S-,my sister,Sele-,my damn sister Selena,I thought as I felt my blows become more rapid and harder,my hands whining in pain as sweat poured down my body. I didn't even know I was crying until I felt something warm come to contact with my cheek. I stopped hitting the bag as I pushed my hand up to inspect the tear.I really was getting soft,I thought humoressly.

And that's when I made my first mistake. I heard the whooshing of air as the bag came back down from my last blow. Big mistake. I turned.The bag collided with my shoulder and ribs,and I felt a burning pain travel through my shoulder down to my lower abdomen,ha,look how that hit backfired. O,gosh,pain. I bit my lip to keep myself from crying out.I glanced at my watch, 5:56,I dragged my body to the wall,feeling blood dribble in my mouth as I tried to sustain my cries.Well,at least no one woke up,I thought, as I glanced at the door wearily.These people weren't agents,they were morons.

I breathed heavily as I glanced at my shoulder. I'd dislocated it.Who ever knew Health 101 could come in handy.I slowly gripped my shoulder,biting my lip,ready for the pain,POP,ahhhhhhhhh. The burning overtook my body,as I sighed in relief. It was over. Technically,I thought as I took a glance at my ribs.

I came to view with a black and blue stomach.

Best not to wear a sports bra,tomorrow,I thought humoressly,as I thought of how I'd explain my injuries. I dragged myself up,hissing at the pain in my stomach as I staggered to the door,pulling the knob and practically stomping painfully down the halls.

I turned the knob.Huh- forgot to lock it. I staggered to my bed and closed my eyes for the second time. This time,though,my only thoughts were on why I'd seen a shadow pass through my door as I closed my eyes. Smart Pete,I thought,he was still having me watched.

*7 A.M*

BEEP!BEEP!BEEP! When I became president,I would personally ban alarm clocks,I thought,as I groped the air looking for it. Aha- my hand gripped the cheap clock as I pulled it and threw it.Smash! Well,there goes another clock,I thought as I pulled myself to my bathroom,slightly guilty as it continued whining before it gave out on the floor. I remembered Petes words,"Be there at exactly 7:00," he had said staring sharply at me as if daring me to disobey.Too late,I thought,as I tried to come up with excuses as I jumped in the shower,peeling off last night's training clothing.

After humming my way out of the shower,I threw on a long-sleeved shirt and capri khakis. It'd be best if Pete didn't see my bruises.Even if he already knew,considering last nights stalker. I opened my make-up pack as I stared at the dark bags underneath my eyes. I looked like hell with stringy brown hair and dull blue eyes that seemed to get more boring by the second.No amount of make-up could fix this.Not even Darley. A smile took my face,sweet motherly Darley...who never bothered to call,as my thoughts once again turned darkly. They didn't care about me. Only my postition,I thought bitterly.

What was the point,I thought,as I threw my make-up pack back down,Pete already knew,what was the point of hiding that I was a cold-hearted lifeless bitch.

I pulled my hair in a ponytail as I walked down the halls,this time careful to lock my dorm door.

Pete's office came to view,as I raised my had to knock.Before I could knock I heard an angry,'come in.' One of theses days I was gonna be able to get away with at least one knock,I thought as I shoved the door open.

"Glad to see you soooo early,Miss Slade," Pete greeted me sarcastically.

I simply shrugged as he rambled on about and agents responsibility and how immature it was for me to be late. I looked around the room,to see the usual trio at each corner of the room.

I caught Johnson's eye,as Pete was yellling at my apperance,I winked at Johnson flipping my hair over my shoulder in a nonchalant manner.Pete's red face seemed to run out of things to say,as he ran a hand through whatever was left of his hair.

"Now,let's talk assigments," Pete said slowly and seriously as he looked all four of us in the eye seemingly losing his red appearance. Ha-I think I'll call him lobster,but my attention was far too focused on Pete to keep my happy mood.

"From unknown sources,(typical)we have found some information on the A-List mission 4 years ago,containing the uh..Slade agents,"Pete cleared his throat uncomfortably looking at me as if expecting me to freak out and bash his head open or something,I would know,it had happened a few times with some phyciatrists.Little fakers thought that if they played sympathetic I would eventually fall back out of depression. I simply raised and eyebrow nodding as if telling him to continue. He nodded back and continued,"This mission was unnecessary,"he continued. I felt my face pale as I sucked in my breath.The mission that cost my sister her life was...what...unimportant!?! The only thing keeping me going...was knowing she'd risked her life for something worhwhile...something that would make an impact....something so huge she couldn't be forgotten.But now...what...it didn't matter. All my thoughts of staying calm seemed to be pushed at the back of my head as I felt a new source of hatred for the Agency.

"We now know that Harrinton was never the leader of all those killings,we think he's working for someone bigger,someone with more authority calling the shots and using Harrington to do his dirty work," Pete explained.

"Both of you agents assigned to this mission are responsible for finding Harrington's boss...kill him....or die trying," Pete said authoritavely.

But my mind was on something else.

"What do you mean 'both'," I asked. Pete looked uncomfortable,"You have to have a team for this,you and Agent Kane-," but I'd already stopped him.

"No,no,no,no,no,no,"I repeated angrily pacing the room,stopping to face Pete. "This is my mission,I work alone,"I said jabbing my hand in his chest.

Pete,however,wasn't gonna take my crap. He gripped my finger painfully and stared at me menacingly."I'm calling the shots here,Miss Slade,but by all means,if you don't wan't the mission you'll never know,"he whispered,looking almost amused at my cold hating eyes.

I'd underestimated Pete.Again.

"I'll remind you Peter,that the eyes are the windows of the soul,"I whispered cooly my eyes filled with an unending hatred for the man before me,"and one of these days,I'll catch you alone,and you'll see who's really calling the...let's say shots,"I finished letting my hand glaze over my gun. Peter looked in my hate-filled eyes without any concern."So your in,'' he observed.

I pulled my finger out of his grasp painfully. I looked around the room,this was what I'd gotten myself into?!?

Sis,I thought,you owe me big time,as I winked at Austin and shoved my hand out to Peter.

Hell yes!