Set The Battery Four Notches

I walked throught the hallways smoothly and was greeted by the sounds of whispers and murmurs of gossip. "She's back...blood....beat.....guys.......6......sweat." Well that's one way to welcome me back. I walked for what seemed like hours greeted by new faces but mostly old faces. People I knew who hadn't bothered to call or see how I was. I finally reached Pete's door and I felt a sense of de ja vu as murmurs were inside. I raised my hand to knock only to hear an impatient,"Come in."

"Hey Pete," I shouted coldly and sarcastically. "Long time no see," I whispered looking at him puzzeldly, something was different about him. Ah well blame it on his age, I thought as I flung myself to the couch in his room with my feet on it.

"Your late," he said with no humor as he looked at me intently and angryly. I glanced around the room,ahh,so he had company,he wasn't going to seem weak.Just like Harrington,hiding behind agents,and I felt my thoughts take a darker road as I thought of the man responsible for my sisters death.

"Thank you Mr. Obvious, no shit I'm late, I got caught up with... uh...work..yeah work," I said flicking a piece of dried blood of my shoulder.

"Good to see you again," a voice rang out from the side of the room. I cocked my head to see who said it. "Wish I could say the same,old friend," I whispered emphasising on old, he was the one who hurt the most. No calls or emails, he was there the night she died, he was my best frined and he abandoned me the moment I left.It seemed childish,but for the first time ever I wanted someone to chase after me,care for me...but he obviously wasn't the one. I glanced at him as if only realising he was there to see his muscular figure defined in a tight shirt and his vibrant blueish-greenish eyes staring at me. Same old Damon,I thought bitterly,but nonetheless I felt a sense of comfort knowing I wasnt alone,evenif I hated him at the moment.I turned my head to face a certain brunnette with dark serious eyes. Same old Johnson. Cold and quiet,I had a feeling, that for the first time ever,we were going to hit off great.But someone was new I observed, as I glanced at the male who was muscular with broad shoulders and arms that would have made Serena turn like a slushy.A sharp chin,chisled,a sure sign of no shaving.His lips pink with...with... well they were just pink. But his eyes they were the most handsome of all. Clear blue that seemed to stare straight through you. But I wasn't here to get involved, I was here for one case and then I was out. I looked uninterestidely at the new guy and turned back to Peter.

"What are you just sitting there for, give me a tour you big loaf of crap," I yelled at Petre. I wasn't here to waste time, the sooner I was done, the sooner I was out.

I heard a stifled chuckle from the side but Peter wasn't amused.

"Now I'll have you know talk to me one more time and you'll never get the person who killed her," he threatened. Never threaten me. I jumped off the pulling my swiss knife quickly,swiftly,and quietly to his throat. I heard the agents bring out their weapons but Peter signaled them down.

"You have the... nerve to...,''I whispered threateningly.

"Now be rational," Peter soothed.

I clenched my jaw as a part of me longed to rip his head off, and from the angle of his eyes I knew that he knew I would do it. I scoffed,the boss of the agency was afraid of me,my thoughts wandered,what had I become,a bully,a sadistic killer that stopped at nothing. This is sick, I thought as I pulled my knife back. "Don't threaten me and I will be," I said lightly.

"Ummm," Pete cleared his throst,"Well you remember Agents Damen and Johnson." he said as I nodded lost in thought as I nodded bored to them staring into their eyes trying to read their expressions. Aha, so Pete kept this a secret. "And this is our newest recruit, Agent Kane," he announced almost proudly.

"Just Austin and besides I'd say 4 years is hardly new anymore,"he mused as he pulled out his hand for me to shake. I did the calculations in my head,4 years here,4 years since she dies.He was her replacement.I glanced at apete to see him looking worridely at me.I could put money that he hadnt lost sleep over my sisters death.Hed had a new agent in ill bet less than a week.Wonder where my replacement was,I thpught bitterly.My hatred for the Agency was gaining and what scared me the most was my obsession with ending it. Not so easily I thought as I glanced at his fingers to see a 5.0 shocker. So he was a trickster, I'm cool with that. Besides he wasn't the only one who knew how to use tech. I grabbed his hand and I saw him grin with the thought of shocking me. But instead I flipped the four tenths of a centimeter switch on the machine to have it backfire. He gasped as he snatched his hand in shock (no pun intended). "Wha..," he stuttered seemingly lost for words.

"Set the battery four notches and maybe you won't get backfired again," I smirked.

"Well.. um..if you'd be so kind Mr. Kane to give Ms.Jacobs a tour," Pete interrupted. I saw Damen tense visibly at my last name. The Slade Team was long gone, but I was here to continue the legacy.