Chapter 4

YEARS AGO...

"Mommmm, please we can't move everyone from middle school including my friends are all going to the same high school." My mom or I should say legal guardian just got a new job off all the way in California and I was not looking forward to it.

"Come on even Chester doesn't want to go.", I complained for the millionth time, "I know I'm really sorry, I wish we could stay too. Please stop I'm already frustrated.", Mom was running around the kitchen gathering all of the pans and kitten items.

"But, is there anything I could do. I'll get a job, I'll work around the house, I'll do anything.", I really didn't want to go the whole middle school was nearly me friend, I knew everyone and everyone knew each other, and I knew that I'll never make as much friends as I had in middle school. "I'm sorry, I just have to take this job so I can finish paying for you, your brother, and the funeral! Now will you stop?!"

Why would she say that? The real Mom would have never said that, "Indiana, please don't cry," I hadn't notice I was crying till I felt a wet drop roll down my cheek. "It's alright, I just going to finish packing."

Walking past the brown cardboard boxes ready to be filled with memories of my childhood, I ran down the hall and opened the last door on my left with a sign in front reading; "Indiana's Peace Room". Ashamed of myself for making the sign, I ripped it off throwing it in the trash of my empty room. Only a luggage, with clothes scattered around.

As I plopped on the floor continuing to fold the remaining clothes. How would it feel to have her here again... I'd be the happiest person alive.

"I spy with my little eyes something, brown." My mom says, "Um, the wooden stool." I say pointing  right when I see the brown item. "Wow you're good no wonder why you're so smart." She says smiling, as we both giggle. How much I missed her smile, and laugh. "Marry!" My mom and I alerted by my dad's presence, "Go up stairs to your room honey, I'll be there soon to tuck you and Chester in." As I ran up the stairs, I walk my room until I hear, "Don't hurt them." my mom's voice is heard from downstairs. As I look in between the bars of the stairs, I see my dad with something in his hand pointing it to my mom. "Shut up!! They ruined everything, we used to be so close. Now we're both working crazy and drinking!" , my father yells at mother. "No David. YOU! Started drinking. Now please put the gun down and let's talk about this." As my mom slowly reaches for the object in his hands, "NO!" my drunken father says as a loud sound is heard. Everything is paused. The room is still until my mom collapse to the floor with red forming on her pajamas. "MOMMY!" my 6 year old self says, as I run to her and hold her head onto my lap. Later joined by a teary 10 year old Chester hugging me. When I look up I no longer see the man who had killed my mother. "Please don't go mommy, we need you mommy." Chester rubs my back as I continue, "I love you mommy." "I-I love y-you too honey, both of you." the lady on my lap says as she grabs both of our hands until her hand falls from mine and I feel no pulse...

"Indi, INDI!" I feel someone shaking and calling me. "Yeah." I turn to see Chester, "You had another one of your attacks, you started screaming for mom." not noticing that I did that. I looked around the room to find things thrown everywhere. "Oh, thanks." Chester also has the attacks but I usually get them frequently and worse than his.

We finally finished packing. I started walking outside until I stopped to look back, seeing my childhood home. Oh my god... I turn around with my eyes nearly bulging off of my face. "What's wrong Indi, it looks like you've just seen a ghost." but only he didn't know that I just did. But an angel.

Facing the house again I see my mom leaning towards the old white door frame. Waving at me she started to disappear. Only knowing that she'll always be watching us and taking care of us.