Chapter 23

JORDAN'S POV

It's too dark. Too warm. And it smells really good. My eyes try to adjust to the dark room. The lavender baby powder scent fills my nostrils and I'm reminded of my location. I turn to my side to face my sleeping angel, snoring softly. Tonight’s extraordinarily mind-blowing events come rushing back to me. I grin so wide, my cheeks start to hurt. I knew I had a healthy appetite, but Lexie's inner freak made a very welcome appearance tonight. So many positions and touches, I shiver at the replay. I knew I was in love with Lexie, but our physical compatibility proves we must be meant for each other. She's perfect. Things are perfect. Almost too perfect. When things get too good, something disastrous happens shortly after. It may seem pessimistic, but I'm speaking merely from experience. Every time I've ever been this happy, something puts an abrupt stop to it.

Lexie unconsciously moves, dragging my attention back to her and away from my dark thoughts. Her hand wraps around my arm. I kiss her forehead lightly as not to wake her up. She moves and sighs a little. I just stare at her. I guess trying to commit every eyelash, wisp of hair, and dimple to memory. I never want to forget this night. The way she looks, feels, and smells. Her scent is beyond intoxicating. I take a deep breath, inhaling as much as I can...

PPPUUUURRRRTTTTTTT

Initially I'm shocked. And then my body is racked with such a ferocious laugh, Lexie startles awake next to me.

"What happened?" she asks sleepily, "What was that sound? You okay? Why are you laughin’?”

I'm at a loss of what to do. I can't regain my composure. And I can't tell her she just farted in her sleep know for a fact she would be so embarrassed. And I know that no matter how much I tell her that I find it hilarious she'd never let me sleep next to her again.

"I'm sorry, angel. I just passed a little gas," I chuckle at my lie, "Let's just go back to sleep."

"That's nasty, teddy," she chuckles and snuggles back into my arms, "You're lucky it doesn't smell."

I laugh harder at her reaction, "Yea, my bad."

I look back down at her to find her fast asleep again. I check the clock on the nightstand and it reads 6am. I guess I should get a bit more rest, so I close my eyes. But as soon as I'm about to drift off again, I hear footsteps followed by more strange noises from outside.

Carefully removing my arm from underneath Lexie's body, and without waking her. I pull my jeans on and head towards the door. I grab my gun in case I finally get my hands on the dead meat whose been stalking my woman. Slowly I make it to the door to see a well-dressed man holding something white in his hands, by the front door.

"Can I help you?" I question cracking the door as to conceal my loaded weapon. He looks startled at first and then almost angry.

"Who are you?" he demands, hands going behind his back.

"Who are you?" I repeat, getting a bit more agitated.

"Bradley?" I hear Lexie's sleepy voice behind me. So she knows this guy. I look back at her questioningly.