Connections.

As always, lots of thanks to my friend The_Broken_Bird. She sped me up, encouraged and helped with ideas.

THANKS FOR YOUR REVIEWS TOO, GUYS! These make me so happy!

'Origin.'

Chapter 5. 'Connections.'

---

"Prowl, may I have a word with you."

"Prime." The tactician nodded in respect, as other members of the ended meeting left the room to collect their charges. The Autobot leader looked at the data-pads laying in front of him, "It was a very challenging decision you made but I would like to ask the reason?"

Despite the fact that Prime revealed his relief during the meeting, now Prowl acknowledged the uncertainty in his leader's voice.

"Sir... I assumed that you have approved..."

"I did and, to be honest, I was glad that someone accepted the responsibility. However, I want to make sure that you understand the expectation..."

"I do, sir. I could see others were not very enthusiastic about the matter. Yet, the job needs to be done."

The tactician studied his leader's thoughtful expression.

"Is that the only reason? You volunteered because others refused?'

"I am a tactician, sir. It is my job to find solutions and so I did. The matter is rather challenging, yet I believe that I can find the best tactic for realizing your hopes considering the youngling."

Optimus seemed unconvinced and Prowl understood what his leader was waiting for...

"You see it as an interesting job?"

...The youngling was not a project, not a skill challenging test.

"... Not exactly. Sir. I see this youngling more than that."

Their leader was a vise bot and it was foolish to assume that Optimus would trust an upbringing of once a Decepticon youngling to someone who would not see deeper than the core. Prime saw Jazz not as a Decepticon or as a tool that could be used. He saw him as a mechling, young spark under their responsibility. It could not be denied that a figure Jazz would become in the future was rather symbolic, no matter the fraction this youngling would choose. Yet, Optimus hoped that a guardian would see and raise him not as a symbol but as a person with hopes and feeling, certain past and once-created outlook.

"As you have stated, 'we are more likely deciding his future' and I support your view completely."

Prowl decided to be honest with his thought and feelings. Optimus was a mech that could be trusted with both.

"And I assure you that I will do all in my strength to help Jazz understand the thing he has not yet had a chance to see."

There was a satisfied smile on Prime's face and his optics finally met the Praxian's, "I am glad to hear that, Prowl..."

Then Prime signed yet another, now amused smile lightened his features, "This mechling, as fearless and hot-tempered as he might look... He has seen only one side of the moon and..."

"We cannot force or convince him to become an Autobot. He needs to learn, compare and then decide himself."

Optimus gave a short laugh, "Yes. Perfectly phrased. I am glad I chose the right mech..."

"Your trust is honor, sir."

Receiving a permission to leave Prowl headed to the exit but Prime called his name again.