XII

Fauna stared at the bridge that led to my half-brother's room. Nico was packing their bags to take with them. He told her to go enjoy the peacefulness while she could and to relax.

Yet, here she was, contemplating on whether to go see the room of her possibly deceased brother but definitely abducted brother.

She felt like she had to go to her brothers house but at the same time she was too afraid. She just didn't know what she was afraid of.

She took a deep breath. "I need to at least see what his room looks like."

It says a lot about a person but then again so does how someone treats a waiter tell you about a person but she didn't really have that option.

With that she opened the door and ran across the bridge as fast as she could to not let there be any doubts or any backing out.

Despite how she fast ran across the bridge she slowly and carefully opened the door and closed with equal care.

She hadn't even realised that she had closed her eyes until they fluttered open to reveal a room that had the same necessities as her own but was decorated very differently.

The room wasn't covered in paint splatters like her own, instead the room was decorated with photographs.

There were images portraying plants and animals, people and different terrains. She noticed that there were lots of pictures of young Fauna.

"He's good, isn't he?"

She jumped at the voice and pulled her sword out before pushing it against the intruders throat out of pure habit due to Nico's somewhat rigorous training.

She paused when she saw that it was her Nico. She cleared her throat and pulled her sword away.

"Sorry." 

Nico shrugged and picked up a photo from Glenn's desk. "It's okay, I'm glad that your reflexes are so fast. Training is really paying off."

She laughed through her nose slightly. "Yeah. Done packing?"

"Yeah, your backpack is on your bed."

"Thanks."

She quickly walked past him to her house when she quickly turned around because it felt right, sometimes you get that feeling that makes you think, 'yep, I should do this.'

She was just in time to see Nico looking at the photo he picked up before pocketing it.

She was about to chastise Nico for stealing something that didn't belong to him when she heard him whisper something and she froze.

"I found her Glenn but I lost you in the process."

She stared at him for a moment before turning on her heels and walking back along the bridge to her house.

Glenn had been her half-brother but maybe he was Nico's too; not by blood but it seemed Glenn liked Fauna so surly they would have hung out and she was more than likely to have dragged Nico into being friends with Glenn.

Maybe Nico considered him a brother. She swung her backpack over her shoulder and she felt... it wasn't pity but she felt a feeling in her chest.

Her chest was tight and she had that feeling in her head where she feels like she's meant to be doing something in particular but she just didn't know what.

She stood still for a moment as she felt a pang in her chest. It wasn't pity but... she just didn't know what it was.

She looked around the room to see if there was anything that Nico hadn't deemed important but she disagreed.

She reached under her pillow as pulled out her sketchbook and equipment before heading to leave.

She quickly opened the door and ran down the stairs that twirled around the trunk of the treehouse.

She wasn't entirely sure where Orion and Sage were, they always tended to disappear, but they always showed up.

"Orion. We're leaving." She informed him through their link.

"I'm already at the Ingress with Nico."

"Kay."

Great, she was the late one. There was nothing more awkward then showing up late, especially when everyone else had to wait for you.

She quickly made her way to the gnarled tree she had come through a week ago and saw everyone waiting for her but what surprised her most was that Brody was standing there.

"I didn't know you were coming," Fauna said to Brody as she walked up to her.

He smiled. "Yeah, well, I thought I'd see you off."

She smiled and gave him a hug. Sage growled as Brody hugged her back.

"Thanks."

Fauna pulled away as she felt Brody slip something into her hand.

She opened her hand to find a little charm in the palm of her hand. It was a simple silver phoenix charm.

"It's kind of like a good luck charm, I thought that you might need it more than me," Brody explained as Fauna quickly clipped it around her neck.

"It's beautiful," she said. "Thank you."

Brody shrugged but there was a faint flush in his cheeks. "It's nothing."

She would definitely miss Brody, especially how he would often poke fun at Nico, just because he could, until Nico would snap and chase Brody around.

Then a sudden thought hit her. "Why don't you come with us!"

She didn't even think about the question before she blurted it out. Sage growled again and Brody hesitated.

"Well... I prefer it here plus," he leaned down to whisper in her ear. "I don't think some people going with you would appreciate my company."

"Oh."

Brody smiled sadly. "I'll see you when you get back, yeah." She nodded. "Good, now off you go."

He gently pushed her along over to Nico before waving and walking off, Jack following him.

"Lets go," Nico said tightly.