Chapter 2.

After I exited Raul's office I saw Carmen leaning on the wall with her arms crossed and a sad frown on her face.

Carmen was beautiful and she knew it, with a heart shaped face and steel grey eyes, and long shiny black hair she could kill any man with her looks and with her hands. She emitted power. She was strong and one of the best warriors in this pack. But she didn't abuse the natural power she had. Yes, she did share the signature black hair the pack had but her personality was a contrast. She was kind and a worthy adversary.

When Raul dragged me to his pack, Carmen was the first person I had met. She was kind and didn't agree with what Raul was doing to me and she kept me updated on how my parents were doing.

"What?" I asked her.

"Nadia, this isn't helping your parents and your pack. You do realize that?" she started to walk down the hall and I followed her.

"Raul won't kill them."

"You don't know that Nadia. What did I tell you when I first met you?"

"I'm not doing this with you again," I started to walk faster away from her, I would find my own way to the fitting. Before I could go any further she grabbed my upper arm.

"What did I say, Nadia?"

I looked her in the eyes, a questioning look on my face. What was she trying to prove?, "You said that I had fire and to be careful because Raul would put it out, or something along those lines."

Carmen nodded and let go of my arm and continued to walk.

We walked for a short while in silence until Carmen stopped at a set of double doors. Carmen looked at me and opened her arms wide. I went to her and hugged her. But what she whispered lowly into my ears made me freeze.

"He killed them. Your pack and parents are dead. Run.", she pulled back and smiled at me like nothing happened."There's a guard going to be posted outside of this door until your fitting is over, They have a rotation every forty-five minutes. So don't be surprised when you see a new one." My mouth was opened wide and my eyes were glassy. Carmen pulled me into another hug, "Smile, Nadia, you're gong to be free." she whispered into my ear one last time before she let go of me and walked away.

If what Carmen is saying is true, then my entire family is dead and I have no one now. I didn't think he would do it, I always thought it was his leverage and without leverage I could run. But I now know what Carmen meant, he was trying to kill the fire in me. But this doesn't kill my fire, it heats it. Now I have nothing to lose, and that makes me a dangerous enemy. Because I will fight until I am bloody and broken, but first I need to run.