Chapter three (EDITING AND CHANGING)

Chapter three:

Valina’s point of view:

Oh shit.

I’m freaking out.

I’m right behind the double doors leading to the stage where I will become crowned the new vampire queen.

In front of thousands of people.

FML.

It’s not like I can back out now. I need to calm my nerves and walk through those doors.

Well, here it goes…

Oh wow.

There are so many people. It’s insane! I can see the Vampire Elite Council sitting in the front row with their hard, expressionless faces on me. On the stage I see Leala smiling at me and giving me a hidden thumb’s up. I love that girl; trying to make me feel better with a thumbs up. It’s just too cute. Trayvon is also on the stage, with his annoyed look plastered on his face (as usual).

I see vampires in every single row. Most of them seem to be excited; some of them bored. I don’t blame them. After all, they’ve been waiting for a while just to see a crown placed on my head.

In the corner of my eye I spot the werewolf king sitting a row behind the elite council. He seems pretty tall; well built. He has nice features, for a werewolf. He looks taken aback; probably didn’t expect to see me standing up here.

Too be honest, almost no one did. Most people thought I wouldn’t take on the throne because they thought I wasn’t fit to be queen. First and foremost to have that thought through their disapproving minds: the Vampire Elite Council. They think I’m too childish and careless to be able to handle being queen. Well, screw them. I’m doing it. And I’m going to do a damn good job.

“Thank you all for attending the crowning of the new queen, Valina Ambrielle Zoliant. We are pleased to have you witness this glorious day for the vampire kingdom. Valina, please step forward. It is time to crown you,” Trayvon says with a hint of disapproval in his voice. That asshole.

I start walking towards the stage. Leala beams me a winning smile and I smile back at her. I kneel down in front of Trayvon as he picks up the beautiful crown from the small table and holds it above my head. The crown is gold and has beautiful rubies at each point; now that’s definitely my kind of crown.

“Do you give up your whole life to protecting your kingdom, Miss Zoliant?” Trayvon asks. It’s custom that anyone who is going to be crowned ruler of the vampire world to be asked a few questions as they answer respectively. Then they place the crown on your head and people start cheering. Oh, the excitement.

“Yes, I do,” I say as I continue kneeling.

“Do you promise to make sure the safety of your kingdom is put before anything else?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Are you willing to face any problems the kingdom might encounter during your reign?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Then I shall place this-“

Deaths will come soon.

Wait…

“-Crown on your head-“

Deaths will come soon.

I remember hearing this…

“-and declare you the new queen of the vampires.”

DEATHS WILL COME SOON!

I remember hearing that last night in my dream…

Trayvon places the crown on my head.

And then everything went black.