Chapter two (EDITING AND CHANGING)

Chapter two

Damen’s point of view:

I can’t believe I’m here.

I’m sitting in a huge room filled with vampires getting ready to watch the new vampire queen being crowned.

Snore.

But it’s custom for our races to watch one another’s crowning. Not that its important and all. I could really care less. It’s not like I’m ever going to actually carry on a conversation with her besides the normal greetings and any problems we may encounter later on; which I’m sure we will.

But I’m here anyways; along with my assistant, Philander.

“Hey, Damen, I’m going to go get something to eat. You want a snack?” Philander asks while standing from his seat.

“No thanks, Philander. I’m not hungry,” I say.

“How many times have I told you not to call me Philander,” he says with disgust. “Its Phil. Okay? Philander sounds like some old, grumps name.”

“Whatever Philander,” I say. I know he doesn’t like me calling him that, but I can’t resist his look of disgust. It is the only thing that I know could make me laugh during this boring crowning ceremony.

Phil lets out a grunt and walks away to go get some food. I laugh as I recall how long we have been side by side.

That guy is not just my assistant, but my best friend. We have been best friends since we were two, literally. Our parents were very close to one another. My father’s assistant was Phil’s dad (they were also best friends) which is what led us to always spending time with one another. When I was fifteen, my parents died. Phil’s parents took me in and helped me train to become the next king of the werewolves. After all, who knew my parents better than they did? The answer: no one. They were always side by side and talked about everything from new situations that occurred within the kingdom to their weird sleeping habits (Parents; I swear).

I missed them deeply, but I knew there was nothing I could do to bring them back. The only thing I know they want from me is to become the best king I can be.

While I was in training, my father’s cousin, Kaydon, took over the throne until I turned twenty. This guy inhaled power like it was a drug. He seemed very upset when I turned twenty; as if he wanted to stay king forever. Such a weird man.

Well anyways, in the werewolf kingdom, you had to be twenty to take over the throne; not eighteen like in the vampire kingdom. The reason why would probably be because the werewolf kingdom wants the king to be mature enough to be able to handle all situations thrown in his direction. So I guess they think twenty is good enough.

Speaking of mature, I’m really curious as to how this new queen will be. Being at the age of eighteen, she can’t possibly be mature yet. But its their kingdom. Crown whoever and whenever you want to crown.

“Back. They have pizza!” Phil says with a huge smile. Phil’s favorite food is pizza. He will eat any kind of pizza; even if it has sardines on it.

Vampires and werewolves eat normal human food. Its true. We love it, to be honest. Werewolves eat a lot. It’s a culture thing. And when I say a lot I mean it. Phil and I can eat 5 boxes of pizza each and still be hungry afterwards. But we go to the gym (yes, a normal gym) and work out. So that fat comes right off. Phil and I are actually pretty buff. I’m a bit buffer though because I was naturally born with broad shoulders and was always a bit bigger than Phil.

“How many slices did you get?” I ask.

“Seven. I can’t be rude and take everything on the table dude,” Phil says while taking a bite of his pepperoni pizza.

I laugh as he scarfs down three slices in under a minute. I think he loves food more than anything in the world; even more than girls (which, trust me, he loves).

“You wanna know what gross stuff they had at the food table?’ Phil asks with disgust clearly shown on his face.

“What food could possibly be disgusting to you?” I say as I laugh and grab a slice of pizza from Phil’s plate.

“Blood,” Phil says without any emotion. “Like I would actually drink that shit. How nasty.”

We werewolves don’t drink blood; at all. We think its disgusting. Any stereotype about werewolves killing something and eating it is false. If we kill something its for a reason and we definitely don’t eat it or drink its blood.

There are so many stereotypes about werewolves that its ridiculous to be honest. We don’t change into a werewolf at night or during a full moon. We can actually transform whenever we want. And we don’t loose our clothes. I don’t know why, but our clothes just kind of disappear until we transform back; then we are clothed again. We also don’t become raging monsters when we transform. That’s just plain bullshit. We know what we are doing and we don’t forget who we are. Our eyes stay the same color, we don’t get this freaky ass yellow color or whatever humans think it is.

Oh and the dumbest stereotype of all would have to be: if a werewolf bites anyone, that person gets turned into a werewolf. Nope. Wrong. Bull shit. Stupidest stereotype ever. You do not get turned into a werewolf, whether you want to or not. All you get is a huge ass bite that hurts like hell.

“When is this thing going to start?” I ask, my boredom clearly showing through the statement. I was bored during my own crowning, so obviously I’m going to be bored during this one. And it hasn’t even started yet.

“I don’t know, but I’m getting pretty bored too. If it wasn’t for these sexy ladies around here I think I would die.” Like I said, Phil loves girls. No matter what your hair, eye, or skin color is; no matter if your short or tall; as long as you are over seventeen years of age, he will be interested. And not interested as in dating the girl, but interested as eye candy. He means no harm though.

“You’re such a woman whore,” I say as I slap Phil’s back.

“Hey, no need for name calling,” Phil and I laugh as the head of the vampire council finally appears from the double doors at the head of the stage.

“Please make yourselves ready for the crowning of Princess Valina. It is going to start now.”

Everyone quiets down. All eyes are fixed on the stage.

I’m actually becoming excited for some reason.

All of a sudden, the double doors open and…