The Bhagavad Gita

The Bhagavad Gita is an intensely spiritual work that forms the cornerstone of the Hindu faith, and is also one of the masterpieces of Sanskrit poetry. It describes how, at the beginning of a mighty battle between the Pandava and Kaurava armies, the god Krishna gives spiritual enlightenment to the warrior Arjuna, who realizes that the true battle is for his own soul.

The Bhagavad Gita is part of the Mahabharata: originally composed in Sanskrit sometime between 400 BC and 400 AD, The Mahabharata-with one hundred thousand stanzas of verse-is one of the longest poems in existence. At the heart of the saga is a conflict between two branches of a royal family whose feud culminates in a titanic eighteen-day battle. Exploring such timeless subjects as dharma (duty), artha (purpose), and kama (pleasure) in a mythic world of warfare, magic, and beauty, this is a magnificent and legendary Hindu text of immense importance to the culture of the Indian subcontinent. 

''Perform all thy actions with mind concentrated on the Divine, renouncing attachment and looking upon success and failure with an equal eye. Spirituality implies equanimity. ''

  "He is the source of light in all luminous objects. He is beyond the darkness of matter and is unmanifested. He is knowledge, He is the object of knowledge, and He is the goal of knowledge. He is situated in everyone's heart."   

  "It is Nature that causes all movement. Deluded by the ego, the fool harbors the perception that says "I did it"." 

 "One whose happiness is within, who is active within, who rejoices within and is illumined within, is actually the perfect mystic. He is liberated in the Supreme, and ultimately he attains the Supreme."

  "The mind is restless, turbulent, obstinate and very strong, O Krishna, and to subdue it, I think, is more difficult than controlling the wind."   

  ''When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a lamp in a windless place.  ''

  ''The senses are higher than the body, the mind higher than the senses; above the mind is the intellect, and above the intellect is the Atman. Thus, knowing that which is supreme, let the Atman rule the ego. Use your mighty arms to slay the fierce enemy that is selfish desire. '' 

 '' As the heat of a fire reduces wood to ashes, the fire of knowledge burns to ashes all karma. '' 

  ''Reshape yourself through the power of your will; never let yourself be degraded by self-will. The will is the only friend of the Self, and the will is the only enemy of the Self. '' 

''One has to learn tolerance in the face of dualities such as happiness and distress, or cold and warmth, and by tolerating such dualities become free from anxieties regarding gain and loss.''

''Neither in this world nor elsewhere is there any happiness in store for him who always doubts.''

  "Whatever happened was good
Whatever is happening is good
Whatever will happen will also be good"

"What you have taken, Has been from here
What you gave has been given here

What belongs to you today
belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else's tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe"

''Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.''

''We're kept from our goal not by obstacles, but by a clear path to a lesser goal.''"A person can rise through the efforts of his own mind; or draw himself down, in the same manner. Because each person is his own friend or enemy.''