Chapter 3 - The Deal

here's a picture of Jeremy..XD

CHAPTER 3 – THE DEAL

“B-brother?” I uttered.

“Although, I hate being compared to him, yes, I am his brother.” Says Jeremy smiling at us.

“But I don’t know he has a brother. How could this be possible?” I said as I shook my head. As he was about to tell, Mr. Richards, our Math teacher went inside and started discussing about those stupid equations. I insisted on Jeremy telling me about it while Mr. Richards was discussing but he gave me a face saying “later” and signaled to not disturb him for he was really paying attention to the discussion. I was so disturbed by the fact that Justin has a brother. I can’t believe it, it’s not that it’s not obvious but back when we’re 5, Justin never told me that he has a brother or Jeremy never did joined us playing back then. I wonder why..

I’m still spacing out when Mr. Richards called my name,

”Ms. Kent, can you please tell us the formula for the Pythagorean Theorem?”   

I was hopeless for all I was thinking about was Justin having a brother when all of a sudden,

Jeremy raised his hand and said “Sir, it’s A squared plus B squared equals C squared.”

“Very well said, Mr. Hudson. Ms. Kent, next time..try to pay attention on what I’m saying.” Mr Richards exclaimed.

Jeremy looked at me and winked while whispering the words you’re welcome. I blushed slightly. When Trigonometry class was over, Jeremy walked out of the classroom so I ran towards him.

“Hey, I think you forgot to tell me about you becoming Justin’s brother.” I smiled.

He chuckled and said “I’m Jeremy, Justin’s fraternal twin. I became his brother ‘cause we have the same mother, happy?” 

“Wait, so Justin have a twin brother, he didn’t told me anything about that. I wonder why.” I said in a puzzled look.

“Ohh...so you’re one of his girlfriends, I guess?” he said as we were walking at the hallway.

“No, I mean I would love to be but you see, I used to play with him when we were 5 and I never saw you back then. Why is that? Do you happen to be allergic to sunlight or something?” I ask.

Jeremy paused for a second and he looked at me like he remembered something awful and just run off. What is his problem? That’s weird. I was about to run after him when Michelle approached me.

“You ditched me, biatch and you didn’t tell me you were close with Justin’s brother.” She said while grinning. 

I laughed. “Sorry. I was just trying to know something…and no, we’re not close” 

As we are making our way to the cafeteria to grab lunch, I saw that the table next to Justin’s usual table is empty so I ran saving the table for us. Michelle gave me a good job look as I sit there. As we eat, Justin wearing his usual blue varsity jacket together with his friends and some girls sit at the other table. Can you believe it? I am officially only inches away from him. I never get to see him this close. Fate was being kind to me. Although Justin’s table is being very noisy,

Michelle whispered to me “I think you should talk to him, Summer.”

“Talk to him? Are you kidding me? No way. Now is not the right time to talk to him. First, I need to confirm something from Jeremy.” I said in a hush voice.

Michelle just smiled at me, that I-know-something’s up smile. Then, just as we were busy talking,

Justin shouted “You don’t know anything about us! So don’t go comparing me to my brother!” and walked away from the table. I think some of his friends have crossed the line.

After that, I can’t stop thinking about Justin being mad saying those words. I know he’s hurt just by seeing how angry his eyes were. I know what you’re thinking, I was happy to see Jeremy in my last class today. I sat beside him and he looked at me.

“Hey, I’m sorry for being rude awhile ago, something came up and I have to leave like that” He said with a smile.

“That’s fine. I would just like to go back to that question...” I exclaimed.

We were interrupted by some girls saying how cool Jeremy was. Wow. Just wow. Why do we always have to be interrupted by someone?? Ugh. Something isn’t right and I have to know what’s exactly going on.  

As the bell rang, I quickly grabbed Jeremy’s arm and rushed outside the school. Jeremy looked shocked but he ran along.

I catch my breath as I said “Now to the question, why didn’t I saw you back then when where 5 and why did you guys moved out of the town after the incident with Justin?”

Jeremy shook his head and said. “You are very persistent, miss but as long as this has something to do with Justin, I am not talking. Why don’t you ask him yourself?”

 “I don’t know, I’m shy to ask him I guess.” I said.

“Wow. You’re shy to ask your “childhood friend” and you did not hesitate dragging someone here just to ask some questions, huh?” He said smiling.

“Well, uhmm...I don’t know, it’s just that I’m willing to go this far for Justin. Please tell me.” I said in a pleading look.

“That sounds not so convincing but despite that I am willing to help you but I’m not telling you anything.” He said coolly.

“You’re going to be a big help if you tell me.” I said.

“I know, I’ll teach you Trigonometry and in exchange, You get to see him ‘cause I’m going to teach you in our house” He said smiling.

“What? I don’t need someone tutoring me and why are you doing that?” I said in a puzzled look.

“Because you are so interesting, miss and I’m bored. I don’t usually make this kind of offer so if I were you, I would accept it.” Him, saying those words made me blushed slightly but I quickly shook it off.

“That’s a deal then” I said shaking his hand.