Chapter Twenty Three

HEY GUYS I REALISE THAT THOSE WHO HAVENT FOLLOWED ME ALREADY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW THE PRIVATE CHAPTER?? THERE IS A CHAPTER 22 BUT WATTPAD MADE IT PRIVATE AND IT'S KIND OF IMPORTANT FOR THE STORY SO YOU MAY WANT TO READ IT BEFORE THIS ONE :)

.....................................................................................................

“ZAK!” I screamed.

He couldn’t hear me of course he couldn’t, the crowds were too loud and I was too far away. It all happened so fast, that brute lifted his leg as he kicked into the air connecting with Zak’s leg. Zak crumpled to the ground and it’s like the whole place went silent and all I could hear was his scream of pain. Everything stopped but me and I ran to him as fast as I could, the medical team were hot on my heels and the referee was screaming at the offender.

I took hold of his hand as I collapsed at his side, tears were running down his face as he looked at me I whispered that I loved him and that he would be ok and he passed out. The medical team descended upon him and I could feel someone pulling me out of the way, Max wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my arms in a comforting way.

“It was Harvey Max, he did this on purpose.” I cried.

“What?!” He snapped.

“It was Harvey, he was at the side of the field he told me he was the assistant coach for Kansas and then he smirked at me nodding towards Zak. I saw that bastard charging towards him but he couldn’t hear me screaming at him and now look at him!” I cried louder.

Eli took over from Zak as Max walked towards the referee to relay the information I had given him, Eli explained that Harvey had lied as he wasn’t allowed near Max. He must have bought a ticket and bribed that player to hurt my Zak on purpose to get back at me, this was all my fault! I would sure as hell make him pay for this, he broke his restraining order and tried to kill my boyfriend I would make sure he would rot in prison!

The medical team were mumbling something about Zak’s condition, he had still not come around and this was really starting to panic me. He must be in so much pain, what had that guy done?!

“Please, will he be ok? What’s wrong with him?” I asked one of them.

“He has torn his Cruciate Ligament and I think he may have broken his leg too “He looked at me gravely.

“What does that mean?!” I asked.

“He might not be able to play again.” He looked sadly.

“What! NO! That will kill him you have to do something!” I cried. “Please…Please.”

“The hospital will do what they can but this is a very serious injury and in over half of these cases they can’t play again so prepare yourself for the worst ok.” He patted my shoulder.

Right then three paramedics ran onto the field with a stretcher, they attached him to it and carried him off the field. I followed behind him and with one look at me and the state I was in they didn’t refuse me entry into the ambulance with Zak. I moved aside as they fitted an oxygen mask onto him and injected his arm with what I assume was a painkiller. They took his pulse and linked him up to a heart machine to make sure that he was ok, then they fitted a leg brace so that it wasn’t damaged more as they moved him from the ambulance to a hospital bed.

When we arrived at the hospital they pulled him quickly from the ambulance and he was instantly surrounded by a team of doctors. I was pushed aside, as I followed quickly behind them they muttered different symptoms and told the doctors what had happened and who he was. When they wheeled him through some double doors I was held back by a kind looking nurse and I knew exactly what she was going to say and I couldn’t help crying.