06:00, Wednesday

She was awake.

It was early - six in the morning, to be exact. She'd actually awakened from her sleep two hours prior, and had lain in her bed until now, just staring outside at the rain. Thunder rumbled in the distance, and the sun was hidden behind folds of thick grey clouds. When she was younger, she used to love the rain - it was cool and clear, beautiful and strong, and made the air smell fresh and rejuvenating. 

But just like the moonlight and the cheese sandwiches, the rain was no longer enjoyable for her. 

He ruined all that.

He came back a week later. It was a Saturday, and droplets of rain pattered the windows. Business had been slow, which was unusual - they usually received the most customers on weekends. Most likely it was because of the dreary weather. No one wanted to leave their house in the middle of a pouring rainstorm, even for coffee.

She had been wiping down the countertop when she heard the bell jingle. Quickly placing down her rag, she looked up and her eyes connected with a familiar pair of blue ones. 

"Hello again, ma'am." He smiled, his dimples showing once again. He wore a black overcoat and his brown hair was damp with rain. "May I order a medium sized black coffee and a -"

"Cheese sandwich?" She finished, not even bothering to write down his order.

He looked surprised, then grinned. His smile lit her up inside. "You remember me."

"Yes," she nodded, smiling back at him. Her heart was beating hard and fast in her chest. "I do."

He chuckled, then reached out a hand. "Well, we haven't formally introduced ourselves yet, so I'll start. My name's Jonathan - Jonathan Reed."

She took his outstretched hand, her delicate hand slipping snuggly into his large, coarse one. They fit together, like two pieces of a missing puzzle. "Kiara. Kiara Euling."

"Well, Kiara Euling," he leaned forward on the counter, and she couldn't help it - her breath hitched in her throat, and she felt the palm of her hands grow sweaty. "Do you want to be my date?"

She was pulled up into reality when she felt something cold and wet land on her cheek. For a second, she was confused - was her roof leaking? Was rain dripping from the ceiling? However, when her hand went up to wipe away that drop of water, she realised that it was not rain, but her own salty tears.

She hadn't cried for a long time. When she realised what he'd done to her, she had cried. When he left her, she had cried. She had guessed that there were only so many tears inside a person, and she assumed that she had used them all up.

But she was wrong. 

//

A/N:

I hope you've enjoyed the third part of Kiara's story! If you have please leave a comment or a vote. What did you think of the chapter? Any feedback? Any and all comments are highly appreciated and do go a long way <3 An author also needs some motivation, you know! xD 

- Nicki