Chapter 6: First Day of School (Pt. 1)

*** Draco's  P.o.V. ***

I huffed as I dragged my lazy butt out of bed. "Crabbe, Goyle, get up," I muttered, rubbing my eyes.

"Shut it mum," Crabbe groaned, rather loudly.

"Dad, five more minutes," Goyle yawned.

"Lazy arses," I muttered under my breath.

I huffed, once again, and dragged myself over to my trunk. Pulling out a bullhorn I smirked and put it to my lips. "Crabbe, Goyle, get up" I shouted in to it. 

Instantly they jerked awake. Crabbe just happened to fall out of bed and onto the floor and Goyle was looking around like a lost idiot.

"Bloody hell, man!" Crabbe exclaimed from his spot on the floor.

"Breakfast," I replied simply. 

Walking to the bathroom I looked at myself in the mirror. "Not bad," I whispered. Then I wonder about Katie. How was she? She didn't look to happy last night, in fact I could hear her crying through all the cheering going on. Was she being treated okay? What about her and her family?

"Katie," I sighed.

"Not still on about her, are you?" asked an annoyed Crabbe.

I jumped and turned to glare at him before shouting, "yes! Yes I am! Not shut it pig!" 

Crabbe's eyes widened in fear and shock. Wow, did I jut say that? I asked myself. 

"Look Crabbe...." I tried to apologize.

"Shut it, Malfoy," He spat, saying my name with more venom then I thought he had in him.

He stormed out of the bathroom, taking his sickly green towel and robes with him. I watched one of my best friends back in regret. How was a Weasley getting to me like Katie? Wait! She is not a Weasley! She's a Riddle. I reminded myself.

"Draco..." Goyle said, waving a hand in front of my face.

"What?!" I asked, shaking my head clear of all thoughts, with that one little exception.

"What did you say to Crabbe?" He asked, now more concerned than he usually was.

"Accidentally called him a...." I trailed off nervously.

"A what?" He pressed.

"A pig," I muttered.

Goyle's eyes widened in shock and he took a step back, "you know how sensitive he is!" He shouted at me. "You... you.... you GIT!" He exclaimed, storming out in short angry stomps.

I shook my head and turned back to the mirror. The guy I saw in there now was some one I didn't want to be right now, right now I wanted to be with Katie, some place I feel I belong.

Why do I have to be such an idiot. I know that they'll forgive me quickly but I mean with Katie. What am I going to do? If I stay away from her I'm screwed. If I talk to her and become her friend I'm still screwed. It's a lose, lose situation, either way, I'm screwed.

I hope I can sort things out at breakfast.

*** Breakfast ***

Crabbe and Goyle were still mad at my little slip up as we walked into the Great Hall to eat. As soon as they spotted Pansy gingerly eating bacon their faces lite up like the sun. "Pansy!" They shouted happily, running over to the girl. 

She looked up and smiled tiredly at us, "hello," She yawned.

"You okay?" Goyle asked as we sat down.

"Not really," She yawned again. "None of us could get any sleep last night."

"Why not?" Crabbe and Goyle asked, loading their plates with everything, till it was over flowing with food and junk.

"There was this loud crying from the first year's dorm and it kept all of us up," She growled.

I froze almost instantly. Katie. If Pansy found out it was Katie she would kill the girl. Crap!

"If I found out who caused me to miss my beauty sleep I will kill the little beast." She threatened .

I gulped quietly as I looked towards the door and saw Katie walking in clutching a book to her chest. I felt bad for her, she didn't deserve to be here, she deserved to be with her family, to have fun, not be miserable the whole year.

Slowly Katie made her way over to our table. It was then I noticed the whole hall had went silent and was looking at this poor, little girl, either hatefully or curiously. Sniffling, she took a seat at the end of the table, by some bleached blond haired boy and a small burnette girl. They smiled at her and she weakly grinned.

I sighed heavily before getting up. "Where are you going, Draco?" Pansy asked.

"Getting some fresh air, I'm not so hungry any more," I lied.

"'Kay," She huffed.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the Great Hall doors. Shuffling along, thinking, I didn't know what was going on exactly. I never felt sympathetic, towards anyone, and then this Weasley comes along and I'm all soft and caring! That's just not right! I was supposed to hate them, but there was something different about this girl. It made me just want to hug her and comfort her.

I groaned loudly and then unsuspectedly ran into something or someone... or two someone's. When I looked up I gulped hard. I know I'm not supposed to be afraid of them but the looks on their faces were murderous. I'm screwed. Crap!