Chapter 5: Saved by Malfoy

I stared blankly at the dark common room. "You okay?" Draco asked.

"Fine!" I spat walking into the room.

Seeing our common room brought the anger and hate I felt back to the surface. I stormed over to the couch and jumped as a boy about fifteen rose up from the couch. "Where were you two!" He shouted. His voice echoing through the empty common room.

I stared hatefully back as his evil green eyes bore into mine. "Well!" He spat. I growled and curled my hands into fists, I was ready to punch this git in the face!

"She was with me," Draco said.

"Doing what?!" The guy growled.

"We just started talking, sorry, it's my fault, not hers," Draco defended.

The guy scoffed, "Yeah right, Slytherin's don't just talk! Now what were you really doing?" He asked turning his attention back to me.

"We. Were. Talking." I growled.

The guy sighed, finally giving up. I smirked as he pinched the bridge of his nose and put a hand on his hip. Wow, lady like much? I thought. A quiet giggle escaped my lips and the guy looked up hate burning in his eyes.

I shut up and stared back with the exact same amount of hate. "Um... Johnathan?" A girls voice asked.

The guy turned around and stared at a beautiful brunette. She was tall, looked about fifteen, had brown hair and electric blue eyes. "Yes?" Johnathan replied.

"Who is this young lady?" The girl asked sweetly while walking to Johnathan's side.

"Katie Riddle," I whispered, tears forming in my eyes.

"Riddle!" She exclaimed.

I nodded dumbly. She noticed me and ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me. "Draco, go to bed!" Johnathan ordered.

"What about you?!" Draco spat.

"Now!" Johnathan yelled.

I heard Draco mumble things as he walked upstairs. Then a sigh and feet to follow. I looked up and saw that it was now just me and the girl standing there.

She brought a hand up and wiped away a tear I hadn't even known escaped.

"You'll be fine here," She whispered kindly.

I gave her a weak smile and she stood up, "My name is Marissa Lawrence," She said holding out her hand.

I took it slowly and she pulled me into her side. She lead me up the stairs and to the left. "These are the girls first year dorms," She said pointing to the door. "I'd be quite if I were you, some girls get cranky, okay?" She asked. I nodded. "Well see you tomorrow, Katie," She said smiling.

I opened the door and whispered, "Thank you." As I walked into the room darkness and sadness washed over me. I felt cold and I wished I could be with my sister now.... Wait! She's not my sister! I reminded myself hatefully. The hate hit me like a fifty ton wave and I nearly stumbled backwards as it crashed into me. 

Walking over to the only empty bed and changed into my pajamas, which had been laid out on my  pillow. I don't know how they got there, my suitcase wasn't even in the room! But anyway, while I was crawling under the sickeningly green and sliver covers I made a disgusted face, gladly no one was awake to see me. 

I cried myself to sleep that night. Wishing, hoping, praying I would either die in the morning by some potions accident or that all of this had been a very real dream, that none of this ever happened. That I was lounging in the Gryffindor common room with my family. 

As I cried I couldn't help but also think about why Draco would stand up for me. I had heard so many bad things about him. How he hated the Weasley's guts and how he tried his hardest to destroy everyone. 

Why would he stand up for me?