Chapter 2

"The gown fits perfectly! Thank you Ann!" I cooed to my stylist.

"Nora will love it." she stated.

I looked in the mirror at my beautiful Cinderella look-a-like dress and smiled a smile that didn't reach my eyes. My hair was curled and the midnight purple dress showed off my pure green eyes and tan skin. I loved it truly, every bead and every stitch was done to perfection. But there was an emptiness to my chest; something missing.

"Is there something wrong, Miss?" Anne asked concerned. She must have noticed my eyes began to get watery.

I choked up some words and managed to say I was fine. "Bad nerves." I explained.

She smiled and nodded. "The Moon Goddess-"

I nodded my head. "I know. She will love it." I sniffled and wiped my tears. "Can you give me a minute?" with that Ann exited my room.

I took the gown off and found some jean shorts and a black tank top. I put the dress on a hanger and laid it carefully on my bed. I took in a deep breathe and a sob took over my body. My legs became weak and I fell to the plush carpet flooring. I was in front of the mirror and I looked at my red rimmed eyes. The girl in the mirror had everything. Beauty, poise, a pretty face, but I would change it all to be back home.

I screamed and chucked a high heel at the mirror and cracked it. Thats how I really looked and felt. Cracked and disheveled. I grabbed some tennis shoes and through my hair in a pony tail. I wiped my tears and got a pair of sunglasses so no one would suspect I was crying.

I did the one thing I always did when I had my downer moods. I ran to my library. A couple of our hired help stopped me and asked if I was okay, but I brushed them off and walked passed. These people didn't know me. I found myself yearning for my mother and father to comfort me.

I descended the steps and reached my library. I searched through my unread section and I pondered on what I was in the mood for, but nothing was catching my attention. I slammed down on one of my many bean bag chairs and put my hands on my face.

"Ugh!" I groaned. I wanted something new in my life. "Ughhhhhhhhh!" I moaned taking my hair out.

"Am I interrupting something?" an amused voice asked.

I shot up from my bean bag and turned around. I looked at the male leaning on one of my shelves. He had a signature smirk and his arms were folded.

"With those noises and all I thought you were having some fun." he teased.

I rolled my eyes at the beautiful stranger. His scent was alluring and causing chemical reactions to my body. His eyes were a deep blue and his hair fell carelessly over his eyes a bit. I watched as he ran his hand over the ashy blonde mess.

"You're not to be in here!" I commanded. He laughed and shot his hands up in surrender.

"Calm down, princess! I'm a new guard. I was lost." he laughed.

I swallowed and nodded. "W-where are you suppose to be?" I asked nervously.

He sighed. "The garden."

"You were looking for the garden in the house?" I asked with a cocked eyebrow.

He walked closer causing me to shake a bit. How can this stranger be doing this. "You are.. Wow. Look at your eyes." he smiled.

I stared at his pouty lips and his beautiful face. The black shirt was complimenting his abs and his dark wash jeans. "Thanks." I said awkwardly. My wolf was howling and my stomach was bubbling.

"Are you okay?" he asked concerned. He walked closer and was right in front of me. "I won't hurt you.. Whats your name?"

I clenched my teeth and held my stomach so the butterflies would go away. "Are you nervous? Unlikely for a pureblood." he joked.

"Jade." I snapped. My wolf whined. She didn't like the tone I used with him. "What about you?" I asked in a light voice.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear. "Mason."

He sent shivers down my spine and he kissed behind my ear and pulled back. "I don't want to look for the garden anymore."

"Yeah?" my voice cracked. "W-why?" I tried laughing.

He leaned in and kissed me on my lips. He was gentle and smooth and pulled me in closer by my hips. Why was I kissing a stranger? "Because he's our mate." my wolf whined.

I yanked back from him and shoved him off. He looked surprised and licked his lips. "What's wrong?" he asked.

I shook my head. "Go!" I commanded. He walked closer to me.

"You don't mean that." he whispered.

He was right. "Go!" I said weakly.

"And why would I do that?" he smirked and looked at my lips. I swallowed audibly.

"I don't know." I squeaked.

He laughed a whimsical laugh and tucked my hair behind my ear. "Mate."

I shook my head "You're not a pureblood."

He cupped my face and looked in my eyes. "I'm an Alpha." he said proudly.

"An Alpha of the garden?" I asked stupidly.

He laughed again and shook his head. "The Moon Girl or whatever told me I was strong and that I could be a guard. My old didn't pack suit me." he said with a dark grin.

"Why-" I was cut off by the sound of my library door being open.

"Miss Jade?" I heard a servant call.

I snapped my head towards Mason. "Go!" I shout-whispered.

"Why?" he pressed.

"I'm not to be alone with males! Go !"

"I'm your mate!" he he growled. He grabbed me and yanked me up by him. "Mine!"

I shoved him off quickly. "If you want to do what's best, then go!" I pushed.

He shook his head. "When can I see you again?"

My mouth was open but no words came out. "I don't-"

"Miss Jade? Are you with someone? It's time for dinner. What are you doing?"

"NOTHING! I'll be up!" I shouted back.

"Please! Go!" I pleaded. I tried pushing him to the emergency exit, the same exit he came in from.

I looked towards the steps and seen a figure coming down.

"Mason! Go!" I growled.

"Meet me."

"What?" I snapped.

"The garden. Tonight."

"No! We can't do this!" I exclaimed. The shadow grew bigger and they were reaching the bottom of the steps.

"Then I'm not leaving." he said simply.

I growled. "Fine!"

He kissed me on the cheek and made me blush. He went to walk away but turned around. "Don't forget! Midnight, Cinderella." he reminded me.

I shook my head and bit my lip. "Go!" I said and turned around and ran towards the shadow.

"What were you doing?" the server asked.

I climbed the steps and she followed me. "A good book." I snapped and ran the rest of the way up.

Hmmmmm... A little Mason?(:

Lol sooo how are you guys liking this?

Tell me ! Comment!

Vote and follow (if you'd like)

Stay easy & love batman(: